Life is Good because of God! Thumbs up!!!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ahhhhh (a sigh of relief)....

Hallalujah.....the angels of Heaven are singing praises....I'm floating on a cloud of joy......life is wonderful and peaceful....... What on earth is she talking about you might be thinking????
5 Children got on the bus this morning in front of our home. All 5 were dressed to a tee and absolutely adorable. Anna and Abby got up early as to have enough time to do their "hair" ( Oh my, is this ever bringing back memories!!!!) I woke up at 6:15 and started a fabulous hot breakfast. First, the buttermilk bisquits went in the oven (no, not homemade..but boy are the Walmart's store brand bisquits good!!) Then Evan helped me scramble 12 eggs and I put a pkg. of lil' smokies sausages in a skillet to simmer and get nice and hot! MMMMMMM...good!
I served 6 paperplates of scrumptious dee licious food (I'm getting smart and actually butter and jelly the bisquits before the kids even get em! 6 Kids and a jar of jam is not a pretty site!)
I even went all out and put some chocolate syrup in their milk! What a delight it was to see all of them eating peacefully, go freshen up for school, get dressed and then head out the door with lunch boxes in hand. John got up shortly after breakfast was served and got the camera shooting some cute shots (I'll try to post them soon) The bus arrived at 7:52 a.m. and John and I waived good bye. No, I didn't cry...it didn't even cross my mind actually. That may seem a bit heartless, but I've learned something in a few years of parenting- letting my children experience something new, difficult and even challenging (such as Emma getting to her classroom off the bus) is a good thing and I just have to let go and trust God. Will the day be perfect? I'm sure not. Will each of them be nervous and make mistakes? Sure.

Last night, my mom helped me take Abby, Evan and Emma to their openhouse event at the elementary school. By the time we left, I could tell that her nerves were shot :) She was feeling a lot of anxiety about Emma getting off the bus and to her class. She was actually trying to convince me to take her to school the first day and I said nope! :) They have lots of parents to help them get to where they are going and it will be more difficult for her to let go of me if I'm right there. She did get nervous last night going into her new classroom and really clung to me, but you know..this morning she was absolutely fine and excited. I didn't sense one bit of nervousness from her. She proudly hiked those little legs onto the bus steps and went with the flow.

Emma's prayer over breakfast was this "Dear Lord, please help us all have a good day at school and please help me not get sent to the principal's office. Amen" I was laughing so hard under my breath becausee none of the other kids have ever mentioned "the principal's office" yet Emma has this keen awareness of the level of trouble that is possible at school. PLEASE, oh PLEASE God, don't let her get too big for her britches at school and end up there!!!

Avry has enjoyed the quiet time home with mommy and daddy. Within about 2 hours, she had already painted a masterpiece, colored several pages with rainbow colors and has watched some cartoons. Oh, and I can't forget about her wonderful new obsession- she' LOVES to fold rags, washcloths, handtowels and such. I can barely sit a laundry basket down without her little hands reaching in for one of these items! So cute!!!

I've logged on my weight watchers this morning and don't have many points left for the day...not going to mention what I ate that took about 3/4 of my entire day's points. Okay, okay, you twisted my arm..... a honkin' bowl of vanilla icecream drenched in hershey's chocolate syrup with a banana sliced on top. Now, if I was out in public, I would NEVER order a choc. sundae because nothing can touch my homemade treat. I have a whole system in which I eat this mound of joy. It's quite pathetic now that I think about it...... Anyhow, I've also drank some water and have a chicken breast already at work that was supposed to be eaten yesterday but was vetoed for a horribly, horribly fattening lunch choice of McD's!! How stupid, I know, I know!!!! Here i am trying to save money on my poor kid's school lunch and I'm off inhaling a fish fil-o-let and fries.
It actually makes me want to puke just typing that...ooooooohhhh gross! So, that's my confession. I hate my flesh.. i really do. But, I do love God and will not give up.

I just told Avry to get her shoes on..we are going on a walk! And I'm gonna burn some calories tonight at work as I zoom around to help customers- which I absolutely LOVE doing. I have a whole new love for older folks too. They are just too darn cute and lovable! Except that grumpy ole man yesterday that smarted off to me about us being out of things in our add. Hey, pops, I'm really sorry about that but we can't help what the truck didn't bring us..we're doing our very best!
Gotta run!!! Love you all and off I shall go..... ( I will weigh in tomorrow)
k

3 comments:

Renay said...

I miss you friend...my cell phone is dead and I didn't bring a charger so I will charge it today in the car when we head into town.

Having a good time;-)

The first day of school..I know I will cry for each of my kiddos but more for me because it means they are a year older and such and I'm losing. All of us do what works for us though and I think you sending them off on the bus is a great way to do the 1st day since that is how they will go to school each day. I will hopefully post some on Updates soon-Journey is a joke at this point but I may post there too (eventually, I'm sure I'll eat a big ole Culver's Turtle Sundae today though-ugh;-).

Talk soon!

Jessica said...

Things sound blissful, as much as they can be of course! I love that the first day of school went off without a hitch! What a blessing, Luke was just fine too!

I love hearing you give praises to God! I love YOU! Maybe we can get together one afternoon.

a said...

I had to laugh at Emma's prayer. How funny!!!!

Congrats on getting everyone out the door, well fed, and looking good! :) I can hardly get BearHug and I that way sometimes, so I am way impressed.

Love you tons.