Life is Good because of God! Thumbs up!!!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

NEWNESS of LIFE

Howdy gals!
Yes, it's been far too long since I've posted-but when you are at the bottom of the barrel, you don't feel like saying much of anything. You don't want to bore people with your pointless talk or you feel like a hypocrite who preaches a healthy lifestyle but is eating fattening french fries.

You all know that I've been coveting your prayers for me to get back on track. Today is a new day and God reminded me that there is no tomorrow and no turning back. I'm such a screw up...yes, really! I'm such a loser at heart and a pig in the flesh! Oh, Jesus... I KNOW and believe you died for all of my sins- my disgusting gluttony, my selfish behaviors, my wicked heart, my horrid thought process- PLEASE let me walk in the light! I have been bought with a price by you, Oh God!!!! Why do I want to steal from you, God? And try to steal my life back and live it recklessly????? I hate it!!!!

Many of you have been praying for me and I appreciate it-truly!!! The tide is turning at last. Today, I logged back on to Weight Watchers and am recommitting myself to it. It actually felt freeing to type in what I've eaten today, including 8 little M and M's! By the grace of God- I went to Walmart and bought some things to get us through the week and I've got a plan!!!
It felt good to spend money on fresh blueberries, fresh bananas (what other kind are there, right?), garlic, lowfat cottage cheese, etc! So, I came home and chugged some water. Then decided to make my dinner for tonight at work- it took a whopping 8 minutes to prepare a 4 oz. piece of frozen salmon and garlic stir fryed frozen green beans. I put a mini bag of lite popcorn in my sack, a Clif Bar (i'll tell you more in a minute about those!!), and the container of fresh blueberries! YUMMMMMMMY! I'm also taking a new fiber one yogurt- YUMMMYYY!
Okay- the Clif bars- I bought the ones for "Kids" that are organic and come as 24 individually wrapped bars from Sam's Club- for a little over $10- that's .40 per bar!!! This came as a variety pack of double chocolate brownie, chocolate chip or peanut butter- I love them!!!!!! Anna got me hooked on them as her teacher brought them to Health class towards the end of the school year.
Now, about the yogurt- these come as a little bit smaller containers as a traditional individual yogurt, but they are to die for and high in fiber. Sometimes I open the other kinds of yogurt and feel like it's just too much to eat at one sitting, so I actually like these smaller ones. Plus, mentally, it fools me into thinking I'm having a s'morgesboard of food at meal time if I eat a variety of things, but good portions!
So, I'm joyfully announcing that WE are back on track. You may say, "Who's WE?" Well, the WE is all of you who would like to jump back on with me right now!!! None of us ever said this would be easy or a joy- but we have to stick together for our health. I don't know about you, but I hate fat- like, literall fat rolls. Be prepared for some TMI here..... I sat down to go potty the other day and felt that the roll in front was protruding a bit more than it had been- OOOOOHHHHH GROSSS!!! I hate that feeling. So, I'm back on track- because HE lives and loves my nasty self! Thank you GOD for a bazillion chances to take my health seriously!
I love you God and I love you dear friends!
K

3 comments:

Renay said...

Oh how the TMI part is so true...the thought of the swim time this weekend sickens me-or should I say, will sicken all of you to see me in all my ghastly rolly flesh. I so wish I coud say I AM BACK ON TRACK WITH YOU. But, I'm just pathetic-I am. The bottom of the barrel part and having nothing to say is so true for me. The not getting out to just even walk is so where I am-PATHETIC. The eating fries, etc.

I guess this is a post of itself.

Love ya:-)

amy f. said...

Kara,
I'm happy for and proud of you. You are back...full force and beautiful. I will have to check out those Clif bars. I had never heard of them. How many points are they (if/when I ever start counting points again)?

Well, I wish I could say the same about me (kinda like Renay), but I am not at the same "place" as you currently...wish I was :-) But, I hope to be...sometime. I will tell you though that even though I didn't initially agree with a comment you posted on my blog a little while back, I have heeded your advice (as of today) and with a dr. appointment today, so I hope to be happier and healthier soon.

Great job, Miss Working and Fit Mother of 6.

Jessica said...

I knew you'd get back with your plan again! I have slacked big time in my walking, how? When I was doing so well. I blame it on my family coming to town, then I blame it on myself! I'm also trying to get back with it. Let's touch base and see how the other is doing soon!