I'm off today. Just enjoying the regular routine of life- the normal: laundry, dishes, kids fighting, did I mention kids fighting???, "Mom, Mom! Mom!" As difficult as it is at times to be a mom, I love being a mom. I wouldn't trade this privledge for the world. I look around the living room right now and see 7 precious faces (Cayla is our live-in child- teee-hee) and think- "Why me?" Especially after the scare with Avry on Sunday, I marvel that God has chosen me and John to raise these kids. Did I ever tell you all that when I was growing up- I did NOT ever dream of having kids- unless I was "going with" a cute boy and the cool thing was to play that little game on paper where you guess a bunch of different things about your future and then you did this number count off thing until each category was reduced to just one thing... I'd always wish for 1 or 2 kids, to live in a mansion, to drive a porshe, to have a dog and a white pickett fence. In highschool, I dreamed of going on to college and making LOTS of money someday. I didn't understand the value of raising children or the importance of investing in their lives.
Many people of questioned me going back to work- which I totally get and am fine with. The biggest thing I'm struggling with is still pleasing man!!! What is my deal!!!??? God, John and I are 100% on the same page, but I still feel like I have to justify our actions to others. For example, many people say "Well, the more money you make the more money you spend."
I'm noticing something about myself... I feel like I have to explain any purchases I make or explain that i found something on sale! I hate that about me!!!! Another example.... do you ever get a new purse and you feel like you have to tell others that someone gave it to you as a gift so they don't think you spent a butt load of money on something that you can't afford??? That's rediculous.. I know, I know!!!! John's truck was on the fritz- needing quite a few repairs.. so John wheeled and dealed with Kristy's hubby, Matt (works for Bob Rohrman's Honda finance dept.) and he traded for a 2001 Honda CR-V. I love it!!! Yes, we probably wouldn't have bought it if I weren't working, but we did and I am working. Why do I feel guilty about this.. like I'm worried what others will think or judge- so silly of me!!!!! We still have an awesome plan to be out of debt in 2 years (other than mortgage obviously). I have to keep remembering that the Bible says do all things for the glory of God and do not live to please man.
New topic.. food. I'm up 3 lbs, but determined to go back down!!! Like many of you have mentioned, there are temptations when you work like eating out!!! PLEASE pray for me!!! I really, really want to continue to be healthy and overcome this eating addiction. I'm walking around the building for 15 min. on my breaks at work, but my goal is to wake up tomorrow morning and walk around my neighborhood for at least 20 min. Ladies, we have a mini-marathon to train for- I got to get my hiney moving!!!!! Next May will be here before we know it and I am not going back on my word :) Through Christ, all things are possible!!!
okay, I'll quit preaching to myself and say farewell!
Blessings today to each of you!
love you,
k
5 comments:
I am a New York Times bestselling author working on a new book about mother-daughter relationships and thought you might want to contribute. Please visit my blog for information about being interviewed for “Mom's Little Angel.”
Gregory E. Lang
Author of “Daddy’s Little Girl,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Dad,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Mom” and more.
First, I am THRILLED for your BIG NEWS! Sorry if I was distracted on the phone and a little tired...
Second, I think most people struggle (if they are truly honest with themselves) with the pleasing God vs. man concept. Read Acts 5:17-39. I always find this passage inspiring in regards to pleasing man vs. God. I like when Gamaliel says to let the apostles "do their thing" because if it is not from God, it will fail. If it is from God, it will succeed.
Did I ever tell you how much I love you? Well, I LOVE YOU!
I have the utmost respect for the efforts that you are putting forth for the betterment of your family. I hope I never make you feel like I am in judgement of you for the decisions that you and your family make to benefit your lives. I love you and highly respect you for the acceptance and friendship you give to so many people. Thank you for being you!
I also feel like I need to justify what we have sometimes, compelled to explain the amzing deal, hard work, yada yada yada! Why do we do that? You don't have to describe anything to me, God is your master not me! ...Do not judge or you too will be judged in the same measure...
Post a Comment