Life is Good because of God! Thumbs up!!!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

God's teaching me much!

Hi friends!
It's been a while since I've blogged. No good excuse...just life. I'm settling in to a very very
part time position working from home. I'm doing some administrative work for Heather.
Most of you know she is the director for the Indiana Immunization Coalition. It's lots of fun
and right up my alley. I didn't plan to work after quitting Walgreens, and had even passed up this opportunity initially. Then, some obvious doors flew open and John said it was a definate GO!!! Sadly, I think I've become known as this unpredicatable person who seems to make rash decisions. I'm struggling with worrying about what others think of me. Isn't that so silly!!!!??? I know it is...I guess that's just the human part of me.
The kids are finally back in school after a few cancelations, the weekend and Martin Luther King Jr. day!!! That was a lllloooooonnnnnnngggggg five days at home with kids that couldn't play out in the bitter cold.
I'm pumped about starting the Financial Peace University Class tonight at church! John and I are ready to get in gear with our finances. yay!!!
I've lost 1.2 lbs- yahoo. I've had a day filled with toast. Not sure why. Poor planning on my part, I guess. I need to get some veggies in badly!!!
I've come to face an ugly area of my life again- people pleasing! Recently, I've seen how my sugar coating my thoughts and feelings had actually damaged a good friendship. Now, I want to walk in the light of truth and trust God to handle "results." Too often, I want to play "God" and try to decide how someone will react to me, but that's not my job!
Many of you know that Heather and Lee just sold their home and close in 8 days. They are prayerfully looking for a new home to put an offer on, but realize that they won't be able to move directly into the new home. Thus,
John has insisted on them coming to live with us until they can move into new house. We have a 350 sq. ft. finished basement that John had been working on that is completely available. Don't worry, we won't make them live in the basement all the time- this just gives them an area "of their own." With God all things are possible. Sure, there will be challenges, changes, trials that will come from this season, but that's okay! We are going to go for it and trust God! :) They'll probably be here as of next Wed. night. 12 people, 3 cats, 2 dogs and 2 guinea pigs- Yay God!!!!
talk to you all soon!
k

No comments: