Life is Good because of God! Thumbs up!!!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Blogging is good for my soul!

Ahhhhhh...what a week. I feel like a kid going through a growth spurt. My "spiritual bones" are growing and causing some pain here and there. But, I'm feeling very positive about the growth and inspired to know that the Lord of Lords and King of Kings is rooting for me to press on and stay focused on HIM! Prayer changes things

Can I just rant and rave a moment about the FPU class....I love it and am soaking it all in. I've not spent one dime in 2 days...this might be a record for me :) But, my dear hubby is a bit over the top. He took me out on a hot steamy date last night...NOT! We drove straight to the Harrison High School parking lot (because we needed to attend a Parent's Night for upcoming freshman) and didn't spend one cent on me...not even a cup of cheap coffee. We drove straight there and sat in the van for about an hour for our date. Yes, you heard me right. We sat in the van in the parking lot of Harrison for our date!!! At first I thought "This is crazy and pathetic. We can't even make out in the school parking lot!" Ha, Ha...just kidding...seeing if you are awake!!! teeeheeeee!!! No, but really... God did something rather unusual for us. We just sat there and decided to listen to our FPU cd of the class that we were missing last night so that we'd be up to date. We loved every minute of it. It was great, fascinating and like "Duh...why haven't we been doing this!" I'm seeing john walk in a new level obedience that is down right sexy and hot! That boy dont' have to spend a dime on me for me to be a glowing woman!! I'm seeing the Holy Spirit land on him and I love it. He keeps saying that phrase "I'm going to live like no one else so that I CAN live like no one else!"- Dave Ramsey.

Going back to the evening spent at Harrison...oh my goodness! Can anyone believe that Anna is going to be a freshman next year? That girl is going big places. I know that God has a plan unfolding for her that will blow us all away. We are going to have a busy summer as she would like to take summer school (PE in June). She's also committed to playing volleyball next year- this is so cool!!!! I'm committed to praying over my children like mad because I stand against the enemy and his schemes- claiming the Word of God over Anna's life and each of the kids' lives. Anna will have a phenomenal high school experience. She will soar to new levels of her faith and be a light into that school. She will have amazingly wonderful friendships that encourage her to do right. She will be an example of Jesus to all of her teachers and classmates. She will be blessed beyond measure with opportunities to grow into the beautiful young lady God has called her to be. She will live a pure life, protecting her heart from satan's lies of lust, drugs, alcohol, tobacco and abuse. She will be a young woman of integrity, not cheating-but instead working hard to earn the grades! She will be a leader that stands out among all because of God working through her!!!!! Oh..... I am pumped!!! Harrison...here we come- strong in the Lord and the power of HIS might.

I've missed blogging recently. It's good for my soul. I need to make more time to do it as it does impact my life greatly. There's just somethin' about writing down your thoughts that helps you become free and also excited about what God is doing in your life and the lives of those around you!

Life with our house guests has been pretty smooth sailing. I think it's much harder for them than for us. We were already used to a life of busyness and so forth. Of course, it's always much easier to give than to recieve too :) Our kids think it's like one big long slumber party. The shower schedule gets interesting...if only we had endless hot water, then it woudn't be a problem!!! We have been mightily blessed as a family and have really used this opportunity to grow all of us more of a servant's heart. Thank you Jesus! I'll leave you with one thought....
You might have too many kids in one house when five minutes after the bus has already picked up the children, your Kindergartener walks out of their bedroom and acts like "Where'd everyone go?" Fully dressed and ready...she just somehow dissappeared into her room and didn't make it on the bus. Sad thing is that none of her siblings stopped the bus driver to get her. :) I had to take miss emma lynn to school!
k

2 comments:

Jessica said...

'Oh Emma...I bet she loved that she had mommy to give her an extra special ride to school...
Anna...I still can't believe she'll be in high school this fall. I love that girl like I love Helene. I'm also claiming all that you listed...protection, faith, salt & light, purity...
FPU...love it..we're putting it to work also..if you haven't did the gazelle budget online..you should try it. We thought it was much easier than doing in on paper. You can then print it.
YOU...We love you and John..Have a blessed day my friend!! :)

Renay said...

What a good analogy of the growth spurts and pain.

Have I told you how much I love you lately?

I really am glad your phone is fixed-I could hardly take it all week!!!

I can't believe Anna will be in HS! I don't even want to think about it. I do pray she will be all of your prayers for her and more!!!

You really rock for opening up your home for 5 more people and 3 animals!

Hey, can you be fiscally unresponsible this Weds after FPU?

I love the class too-you know anything I do 3 weeks in a row is good;-) Read my latest post about FPU though for a good chuckle-no spousal turn ons for me;-(

Better scoot:-)