I'm entering a new phase of life. My youngest child is now 5 years old and getting ready for Kindergarten this fall....I still can't believe this!!! For years and years and years, I would attend family events and parties with such a tense feeling as I had babies and toddlers to always, always care for. I would long for the moments when my very caring family would relieve me and take one child for a walk, or change a diaper, or just feed them and enterain them. I couldn't really ever just relax and have fun. But tonight...was different.
My uncle and fiance hosted an amazing blowout party event in W. Point. This was the first year that John and I could breathe more easily and let the kids run, play, have fun, explore, ride horses...just be kids...without us being on edge. The karoke was absolutely hysterical. The kids would take turns singing songs, dancing, strumming their pretend electric guitars, jam.....just have a hootin' good time!
As the evening went on, I kept nudging my dear hubby to try the karoke (he's super good at it and has a nice voice too) Me, on the other hand, can NOT carry a tune if my life depended on it!!! Finally, finally, he was brave enough to give it a shot and of course...hit a home run! He warmed right up and took his turn singing several songs. By the end of the night, he was confident enough to serenade me to a song that was quite funny....do you remember the movie "Top Gun" ? Remember the part when Tom Cruise decides to talk to the blonde gal and he begins singing to her? Well, my cuz Kristy's hubby Matt put John up to reinacting that whole scene! The song doesn't make much sense about our marriage or anything...but it was cute and fun to just sort of act out that scene. I'm quite theatrical and really think I missed my calling to be an actress :) teeheee...maybe not :) Anyhow, it wasn't actually the words that John sang, but the fact that he did it in front of about 50 people, that just touched my heart. I felt like I was 16 again and my crazy boyfriend, John, was wooing me with his fun-loving personality......that man melts my heart. Who would have ever dreamed that we would be where we are today? I'll tell you who....GOD. God didn't dream it though- HE ordained it and I'm blessed to walk this road called "marriage" with him as my soul-mate.
Praise and honor to God alone who has brought us this far and will continue to strengthen our marriage, our lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment