For anyone that has read my blog, you know that I had taken a bit of a blog "sebaticle." I've decided to return to blogging because God is making me more and more uncomfortable and pushing me to dig deeper. I'm on the cusp of a major change in my life and I'm not sure exactly what it is though I have some ideas. I've decided to start living a life more of faith and purpose, to not be satisfied with the ordinary. I'm getting sick of ordinary!
I don't want an ordinary marriage.
I don't want to be an ordinary parent.
I don't want to act ordinary at church.
I don't want an ordinary relationship with Jesus.
No!
I want an extra-ordinary joyful life. I want to be soooo contagious that if you even look at me- you see Jesus. If you speak to me- you want more of Jesus within me. If you spend time with me- you long to be more like Jesus. If I pray with you, God's extraordinary love overflows on you. If I hug you, you want to melt becasue God's love consumes you. I want more. I want more.
I want the heavens to rain down a flood of power unto me and others to unashamedly share the gospel of Jesus. Have i so quickly forgotten His power to change lives? Apparently so! When is the last time I shared about the gospel? His truth? I'm ashamed to say "it's been WAY too long!"
I asked God to light a fire under me a few days ago and it's starting to get warm...possibly real HOT...quite uncomfortable actually. I've pulled away from God over the past few months. It's been a not so fun place--spiritually speaking.
I've doubted every spiritual gift that He's given me. I've listened to the lies of the enemy as they are whispered into my ear and have gave way to these lies. I've stepped over to the side and allowed the lies to win. I've been embarrassed to even suggest that I have something of value to say to a group of women. Why would God use me? I became distracted by some personal issues. But Oh boy...I'm ready and willing to follow His call. I don't think that it is some earth-shaking radical change for me, but I think it's right before my very eyes. Every breath and step I take is being watched and compared to what I "say" I believe in.
I have 6 kids who are spending their entire summer with me...listening...watching..waiting...wondering and thirsty to know more about who God is. I have a husband who IS undoubtedly the most amazing man on the face of this earth- I adore many things about him. But mostly- I LOVE that he loves Jesus. I love his honesty, genuineness, transparency, and His growing level of discernment. I feel safe and secure with his umbrella of protection. I feel loved unconditionally. I am the love of his life and he the love of mine. Oh...how richly blessed I am. My greatest ministry is to be John's wife and I am honored!
So...my fire has been lit and I'm going to rely on God's power to live life full of love for others. May the world know HIM because of my love for his people. Whatever that looks like God, I'm ready to listen and to act upon it. Please oh please God-
I'm begging for your strength to transform my eating and exercising habits. You know I don't want to be skinny for skinny's sake, but I want to be healthy and vibrant.
There is NO doubt in my mind that you-God- and you alone are the only one who can help me succeed down this path and to change a lifelong history of leaning on food for comfort. The Bible says to give thanks for all things. Therefore, today, right now, I give thanks for exactly how much I weigh, for exactly where I am, and to know that you promise to work all things together for good. You are God alone and I trust YOU! I'm sick of ordinary when GOD- you are full of extraordinary greatness and grace. Fill me up.
No comments:
Post a Comment