Hi! Sorry I haven't posted for a few days...all has been great though! I'm actually looking forward
to getting on the scales tomorrow as odd as that may seem. I know I'm down in weight! Hooray!
This weekend has been a blast. My eyes are being opened to what obedience yields. I'm a big believer of prayer and it's power, especially as I walk out a new kind of life with the support of all your prayers. The support has been overwhelming as I've shared with you all our decision for me to come back home as a homemaker. You've embraced me, encouraged me and just loved me right where I am. I have 3 more days of work this week Mon-Wed and I ask for your prayers for open doors to just witness to people-bold, truthful and loving witnessing!!!! God is moving in me and I don't want to miss any of the blessings that He has in store.
I'm being "wooed" by God. I've heard about this "wooing" before and thought it sounded a little out there to be honest! But, as I press on and just claim His goodness and faithfulness, despite my ugliness and sinfulness...the more I am wooed and loved by Him. I know, I know, it doesn't make a lot of sense. I have lived in such dark, desolate and sinful times that I can not wrap my pea sized brain around how or why Jesus would love me. Yah, Yah, you've heard me say this a bazillion times...but seriously, I am one nasty sinner. If you could just take a peak inside my heart and thoughts- you'd see how desperate I am for forgiveness!
Today, some neat things happened at our family group- all of which are blessings from God. I see God working in a new way, a peaceful, joyous way. This all stems 100% from Pastor Randy's recent sermon series on marriage. I think I'm coming to actually love the word "submitt." It's a beautiful word, one defined by pastor as "an intelligent response to God ordained authority." One of the major areas that I battle is with authority, especially my husband's authority. This is quite embarrassing because it's outright disobedience and results in chaoticness! Things have been out of whack for quite sometime in my life (obedience and submission mainly!) Have you ever just stopped and looked at your life to say "How on earth did I get here to this point?"
There's a song that plays on the new movie "Fireproof" called "It's a Slow Fade." How true. How true. From the outside looking in, possibly my life seems alright. I look to be a happy, cheerful, go getter type of gal, able to balance work, family, church, etc pretty decently. I show up faithfully at church Sun and Wed, etc etc. Some of you have even said recently that you were quite shocked by my sudden change of direction. Well, just remember "it's a slow fade." I didn't just wake up one day and say "I think today's the day that I will quit work and flip my whole life a new direction." Nope...it was more of a slow, day by day, drifting away from God, seeking after what I wanted and dreamed for (which was a position in management, better pay and recognition in the work place for accomplishments). The bold evangelistic Kara was slowly fading away into the business world. My main focus and desire became money...making extra money at work through certain products. My real motive of making moola became masked by "I'm here to just help the customers and provide good service" lie that is sooooooo easy to buy into. Who was I fooling? My job did NOT line up with scripture and where my heart is supposed to be- which is home. My thoughts became consumed with advancement and slowly faded away from the Good News of Jesus. Got to go......
p.s. Evan was running around the house like a naughty boy boy and wiped out near the stair, slamming his lip right onto the ledge...he slit the inside of his lip open. Anna told me about this over the phone at the beginning of family group...I figured it was no bid deal since it stopped bleeding and he was fine. But, when we got home and assesed it- major split in the upper inside of the corner of his mouth. The gash was so bad that I was shocked that it wasn't still bleeding. So, John took him to the ER for stitches. He just got home and has 3 stitches in his mouth. John said he was very brave and only said "ouch" one time! What a precious boy!! I just love him!!
K
1 comment:
Kara, you're awesome. I love that you feel like you're being "wooed" by God. Thank you for your unbelievable honesty, like about what working meant for you and what your motives became. This new direction that you're (back) on is pretty cool :-)
Evan...poor guy! Sounds like he was a trooper with the stitches though.
Post a Comment