It's a rootin' tootin' good morning in the Townsend household! The scales gloriously sang to me this morning as I viewed the glorious number of 248.4 (I'm down 5.4 lbs.) Oh my goodness!!! God has been gracious to me over this past week. Also, I've done 5 min. of my 150 min. per week on the cardio. Not much cardio yet for the day..but I'm hoping to get in at least 15 more later today. This is soooooooo such a God thing! On my own- I'm a total loser when it comes to eating healhty and exercising- but God is going to get me through this!
Prayer request- John is making some final decisions on the septic, who we are going to go with to do it and all that. Please pray for amazing wisdom and the finances. Something keeps tugging at me that He's going to provide above and beyond just a loan. Could be wrong, which is fine- but I sure don't want to miss His blessings!
My goals today are to walk carefully and cautiously in submission today. I'm going to drink lots of water and my plan for lunch today at work is beef jerky and some fruit. Have I already told you about the most delicious prepacked LOW sugar apple cinnamon oatmeal packets from Kroger's/Payless? Oh! I love em!! They come 10 in a box for only $1.69 (this is an ongoing sale they seem to have) To die for! You pour it into a bowl, add about 1/4 c. of water and pop it in microwave for 1 min and voila...a healthy hot, high in fiber breakfast. This is a $.17 breakfast...I can even afford to feed my clan this too!!
These past few weeks have been humbling as I've basically fallen apart before your very eyes- health, emotions, stability, etc. But my prayer is that above me you will see an amazing Lord God working in me- putting back together the shattered mess. One of my favorite studies of all time was Brokeness by Nancy Lee DeMoss. She reminds us that being broken is not a one time deal but a day by day process of seeing our desperate need for Christ. It's a good thing to be shattered on a regular basis. This may sound scary to you, but truly- God works the most when we are at our weakest points. I can not be strong on my own- it's impossible. Even as I pour my heart out to you, I hear a lie in the back of my mind that says "Kara, you know you won't stay at this wonderful point forever, so are you sure you want to reveal this 'high' point to your closest friends?" And the answer to that question is "Yep! Sure do!" God calls me to live in the here and now- the past has sucked on so many levels and I can't go back. The future is unknown to me, but God is in control. Whether I lose one more single pound or not- God is still the author of this universe and totally is in love with me. I'm looking forward to some more "wooing" today- can't wait to see what my precious friend Jesus has instore for me today..what blessings, what surprises, what encouragement, what love......I'll be watching...
love you all!
k
No comments:
Post a Comment