Life is Good because of God! Thumbs up!!!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

10 Random Facts About Me

Emily inspired me to blog 10 random facts about myself...
so here it goes:

1. I was runner up in the Little Miss Pageant of Lafayette
when I was in first grade. That silly girl that beat me was
wearing a corny red jumper and I was in a beautiful
hand made long dress with a hoop under it!
I rode on a corvette in the parade for that one!

2. John was the only guy I ever dated and it's all been uphill ever since.

3. I am an only child and wanted possibly one child when I grew up.

4. I write poetry. When I was in 4th grade I won a county-wide
poetry contest and went to the Long Center to see it presented.
It was about my Great Aunt Bea. I could perform it with great
exaggeration and expression. shocker, huh? ha!!!!

5. My cuz' Kristy is a sister to me- she's 4 years younger than
me and when she was in first grade and played softball, I, the
older and wiser "big sis" tried to carefully pitch a softball to
her in the backyard. CRACK!
She nailed that ball so hard that I didn't even know what
had hit me. My glasses flew off and I was left with a black
eye for quite awhile. I stayed home from school the next
day cause it was picture day :) She may be like a toothpick
now, but let me tell you when she was a kid she
was a brute and could pack a hard blow

6. I could spend hours looking through my own hair for white hairs.
Also, I love it when Anna lets me look in her hair for little curly
hairs that "don't belong". She let's me pull em out and i love it!

7. Last year I picked out my own eye glasses for the first time
since 3rd grade. I used to be so paranoyed about what my mom
thought of my glasses that she had to come with me to pick
em out. Then, I got bold and went by myself and decided to
go wild. The ones I have now (they have a turquiouse back side)
My mom recently said "Oh my! It looks like they were just
dipped in paint"

8. I love to play canasta (a card game), Eurcher and Spades.
I played cards everyday after school with my great Aunt Bea
for years!!!!!! She was a poor loser, so sometimes I had to let her win.

9. Until I began going to Elston, I NEVER wanted people to
get plugged in to my old church.

10. I have 2 cats - Olly (Abby's) and Kally (Anna's). I'm currently
jealous of Olly, the big orange one, who is having too intimate of
a relationship with John. I don't like the way they look at each
other and caress one another. Ok.. ok... I'm a bit over the top
here.! It's a stupid cat for goodness sake! teeeeehheeeeeee!

4 comments:

a said...

These are so funny. I learned things I didn't know about you...and I know a lot about you. :)

Thanks for doing it.

Love you tons.

Em

Renay said...

You're so funny-I learned things I didn't know either!

Lindsay said...

Thank you for inviting me to read your blog. Thank you for letting me in to your struggle. I am going to be praying for you VERY consistently. Everytime I pray for my own eating habits, I'm going to pray for you, as well. I love you very much, Miss Kara. Keep up the good work! I'm oh so very proud of you!

amy f. said...

Awww..sounds like you have some beautiful memories of your Great Aunt Bea, that's sweet.

And you've got nothing to worry about re: the cat, you're so funny.