Life is Good because of God! Thumbs up!!!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

The NEW Me....

Well, to all of you readers out there (teehee) who are wondering how my morning of worship went as I taunted you all with the possibility of me laying on the alter..... No "alter-sprawling"
for me this morning. It was a good morning though. I sat in a different location than normal near my sweet friend Emily, her mom and her hysterically funny and cute little Andy. It was nice to get a different perspective of worship. It's funny how set in a routine I get with where I usually sit.
Okay, now down to business... I'm dying to pick up these scales from my mom!!! I might talk John into making a trip over there this evening just to pick em up. Don't worry, I will definately be weighing in the morning as we all know you weigh less in morn :)
I bet I've only lossed 5-7 lbs., but let me tell you - I feel like a new woman. I put on a blouse
today that I haven't been able to wear for a few months since I bought it (yes, that's sad to buy clothes too small. God must have known that I needed some hopeful thinking that day!).
Last night when I went to bed, I whispered to John, "Wake me up when your alarm goes off at 4 a.m." And so he did. I rose up out of that bed this morning like a vibrant 130 lb. model. As John entered the shower, I jumped on that treadmill as though it was 8 a.m. It felt great. No, actually, it felt like I was floating on a cloud... gracefully strutting every inch of my "less than 272 lb. body". John just stared with disbelief at me when he got out of the shower. I thought to myself "You think I'm hot don't you!!!!?????" Then, I went back to sleep for about an hour until it was time to get up and go pray at church. Yes, it was a bit of a strange idea for me, but it sure did work. I might be trying this more often. Don't hold me to it though.. it might have been a fluke thing. :)
So, get this! You know how in my last post I mentioned that "my King" is my new phrase.
Well, this morning, as we were praying at church, my turn arose and sure enough before a word could even come out of my mouth... the worship music playing sang something about Jesus being the King! No kidding!!!! I just began to laugh because my Lord is soooooo focused on detail that he took extra delight in tickling my spirit with such a corelation.
Back to the food thing- I had a "taco salad" for lunch. Lettuce, 2 T. of ground white turkey meat, lite sourcream and salsa, 6 baked doritos. (I actually skipped the shredded cheese for once, and I am still alive!!! It's a miracle!!!) I do love cheese for those of you who didn't know this about me!
Personally, I hate lowfat or fat free shredded cheese. I can't stand that silly 2% sliced american cheese either. I tried making a grilled cheese one time with that and YUCK!!! If you like it- great! I won't hold that against you :) teeheee!!! My absolute favorite cheese is string cheese- the light kind is ok.. but my favorite is from Aldi's .
I once heard a person say that they'd rather eat less of the real thing than more of the "light stuff". I guess I feel the same way about cheese. I don't mind light sourcream, diet pop, baked lays, fatfree refried beans are awesome, 100 calorie pack choc. chip cookies totally rock,
and so on..... Enough rambling :)
Ok.. so you have to hold me accountable here, i've got 24 points left for the day (which includes some bonus points that MUST be used by tonight at midnight or else I lose em!) Heaven forbid me to lose points :) I'm just being facious of course. The adults from our small group are going to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and I feel prepared.... here's the game plan:
As soon as I sit down ask for water with extra lemon (to boost metabolism of course). I will push the "to die for rolls" down towards the other folks so they are not within an easy reach. Then, I will do the unthinkable, the unimaginable... I plan to announce to the table that I am NOT eating any rolls so please watch me!!! Is this me talking??? Yes, it is!! The NEW ME!!!
Then, I do plan to have a diet coke to quench my lack of caffeine today. I've been searching for 2 days online to find the nutritional facts for Texas Roadhouse and can't find em!!
So, I'm praying and just trusting God! I plan to order Grilled Chicken breast with a baked potato, butter on the side (only will use 1 T. of the butter) steamed veggies. I'm excited about a salad with NO cheese, bacon or croutons but add extra tomatoes with FF dressing. My splurge is gonna be the sauteed mushrooms that they serve that are phenomenal. I know they are soaked in delicious fatty marinade.. but I'm not ordering dessert NOR eating those rolls. So, I figure the meal should be definately under my alotted 24 points :) I feel empowered to already have decided what I'm ordering. I'm not even going to look at menu to be tempted by other cheesy, fried foods... speaking of which I'm not going to eat any appetizer!!!!
I'll write more later as to how it went .........

4 comments:

Renay said...

Sounds good-I'm proud of you friend-I know how much you loved baked potatoes. Anxious to see how it went.

How on earth did you get back to sleep after working out???

So the blouse fit, right? Way to go. Anxious to hear about the scales too! Weighting (ha,ha) is hard;-)

amy f. said...

Sorry, but I have a LOT to comment on from this post!

What do you mean ONLY 5-7 pounds? In one week? That would be an phenomenal loss! I couldn't lose that much in one week! That is so neat that a shirt is already fitting you better, my goodness.

I'm sorry, but I cannot BELIEVE you got on the treadmill at 4 am?! 4 am?! What time do you go to bed? Maybe because I usually don't go to bed until midnight it is hard to fathom. This line cracked me up..."I rose out of that bed this morning like a vibrant 130 lb. model." hahaha And then you went back to sleep after exercising??? What? How?? That is some major dedication right there.

I am totally with you on the LF and especially FF cheese, yuck. And I am in awe that you have left over points on your last day of the week...I never did. Talk about some self-control and amazing balance throughout the week. How have you managed that? Are you a big snacker? What have you been snacking on? And since I know you're a die-hard Aldi's shopper and I love shopping there, too. What have you found to be great for snacking/meals as far as WW there?

And God Bless you for going to Texas Roadhouse tonight, a major pig-out, yummy place for me and having a specific plan in place. I don't know if I could resist the rolls, I really don't. So hard!! I LOVE their baked potatoes, they're the best.

You sound like you're doing amazingly well...I'm in awe of you :-) Let us know how Texas Roadhouse went!

Members said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Members said...

your blog i s flippin awsome!!!!!