Life is Good because of God! Thumbs up!!!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

No turning back...

Hey everyone! Great news!!!!
It went well tonight at Texas Roadhouse. All went as planned
and I unashamedly announced to the table which included
Mari and Leo, John and I, Katie L. and her hubby John, Rita,
Tasha and her friend Diana (guest).. I said "Ok everyone,
I need you to hold me accountable cause I am NOT eating the rolls."
At one point, Leo kindly blockaded the rolls that were within an
arm's reach. Don't worry, I wasn't even tempted! God is sooo good!

Dinner was delicious. I have to admitt that the best grilled chicken
in town and those mushrooms... ahhhh... they were so satisfying. I
could go on and on, thus just further confirming my addiction to food.
However, I do see that God is at least moving me to the place of
self-control. We were by far the craziest table in the restaurant,
laughing and carrying on. Other tables probably thought we were
slaushed :) teehee. NOPE! Just that good ole' Holy Spirit!!!
For once, I actually enjoyed the conversation more than the food itself.
Usually, the secret love affair between myself and the rolls over power
my interest in the people I'm with. Yes, another sad thought, i know!
I'm finding that writing all of this silly crap is very therapeutic.
Now, I see why people always say "Journal your feelings and thoughts."
Bad news about the scales. My mom stopped by when we were gone
and told my aunt that she couldn't find the stinkin' scales!
What????? Is God trying to tell me something here? I really want
to know my current weight. I might just drive to my dr.'s office
tomorrow and demand to be weighed. Did I just say demand? No..
I meant that I'd politely request to be weighed!!!!
I need to know!!!!!!! I want to move that darn little weight marker
at the top of my blog.

I've decided to literally get rid of clothes, bras, underwear, etc.
that are too big on me as I lose weight. No turning back....

3 comments:

Renay said...

That's a terrific idea-I'm going to use that one too! Toss those clothes as they get too big and not leave them hanging there in case you gain a few pounds-duh! You are genius! Kuddos to your TR success! Sorry about the scales though-the MD office is a good idea or you could just come over here for our before pics and weigh in here:-)

a said...

Hey!

Great job at Texas Roadhouse. I can't say that I was super great at Christo's. I had an herb chicken breast with sauteed spinach and mixed veggies and half a roll. I have a feeling (by how good the veggies tasted) that they were in butter.

I went online and picked out the food BEFORE I went to the restaurant. My thinking was that...if I planned ahead...I wouldn't make a quick decision in the store and end up with something really unhealthy for me...like a big burger with fries. (What I really wanted!)

:) Keep the up the good work. I love reading your blog. I really love it!

Love you, too.

Emily

amy f. said...

Sounds like you did a GREAT job at TR. I can't believe you don't have a scale. It's best to be weighing yourself on the same scale consistently (and same time of day, morning!, each week as I know you know). Everybody's scale is different. Of course the dr's scale is always more than mine at home, heehee. But would make sense to weigh yourself there if you did originally to compare, accurately see the results!