I've been having a blast today tweeking my blog page.
This is so much fun!!! God has been working on me today
with contentment. I've enjoyed a very boring day at home
with no errands to run, kids running in and out of the
house, and even spent some time pushing Avry on the
swing. This new "healthy living" isn't so bad afterall!
I joyfully prepared a strange concoction for lunch today
(for just me, as the kids at PB &J's and soup). The
kids looked at my plate of salmon, beans and diced
tomatoes with a look of disgust. I assured them that
it was delicious and healthy!!!!
I find myself lingering in the kitchen... which is odd.
How many people do that???
I have my 1 L. bottle of water strategically placed on
the kitchen counter so that I will chug some "Living Water."
It's like my body just thinks it belongs in there, which is sad
but funny!!! When I really would rather eat something, I
drown myself with water and say as I drink it, "Jesus, you
are the living water. Fill me up right now as this water is going down!"
My mom called this afternoon and told me she's been "dieting"
this week. Oh, how I hate that stinkin' word "dieting." It shouldn't
exist as a verb, but only as a noun. I could hear the saddness in
her voice, the tiredness from "over doing it" -which actually means
she's starved her body of enough calories and thinks she's "dieting".
She of course wanted to know how I've been doing on my WW
program. I told her I'm looking for some weight scales and lo and
behold- she has some for me! Hooray!!! I don't have to buy em now!
The good news is that I feel empowered by keeping track of my
eating. It no longer controls me, but I control IT! It's fun to see
how many points I have left for the day and then think about
what I want to eat later in the day. I've actually went to bed
the last few nights NOT stuffed.
It's such a peaceful feeling to wake up refreshed and not groggy!
I'm realizing what food has done to me in the past has not been
pretty. I found out that I feel better if I where tighter clothes
around the house (it makes me feel thinner). I hold my chin up
high (not because it makes me look thinner :) but because
I KNOW the body I have today is NOT the body I'll have
tomorrow. Yay!!!! I'm kissin' this body good bye!
I've never been more excited about church being tomorrow!!!!
It can't get here quick enough. I just want to worship my King.
By the way, that's a new phrase for me. I truly want to bow
down before my KING.. .by golly I might just sprawl out tomorrow
at the alter! Whatever God calls me to do.. so be prepared :) teehee!
I want to wheel in a wagon full of fat like Oprah did years ago...
ok, that might be a bit over the top.
As of now, I'm committed to 20 min/day of cario! I'm walking a
3.0 mph on treadmill which is only about 2 ft. from my bed. So,
I get up, get kids settled, lock my bedroom door and walk for 20 min.
I will be increasing this as the Lord leads, but in the past I've gotten
so burnt out with the 30 min. goal. Since this is a lifelong committment,
I'm starting slow.
I will hopefully have an updated weight here soon when I get those
scales. The exciting part is that I go back to the dr. in a couple of weeks
to see how the cholestrol medicine is working (which I never filled
the prescription...yahoo!) and to get updated bloodwork done.
So, I'm hoping the dr. will look at weight loss and lower cholestrol
and be thrilled. At which time, I will gently tell her that I am NOT
taking medicine for it and am getting healthy!!!
Oh, how God is full of grace. I've walked it today....
4 comments:
Sounds like a good day for you...way to go on snaggin' the scales. So, you never filled the script-you aren't taking it? Hmmm...I'm not so sure I agree with that program-usually blood levels take months to see improvement so you may be dissappointed with your numbers (either way;-(
What's with the way your post ends??? It's like you hit post without finishing your thought.
I'm so glad you're bloggin' with me:-) Hear's to a thin Sunday:-)
Kara, I am so proud of you! Thank you for including me. I am working on some healthy eating too. (I'm getting ready to email you back!) Knowing that you, Renay, and Emily are all working toward healthier, thinner you(s) makes it seem not quite as daunting! I love ya!!!
Hey You!
Great job today! I LOVE reading your writing. From the first email about dressing up for John (and he didn't notice) last summer, I have been hooked on your funny descriptions and phrases!
Keep up the good work. I am incredibly proud of you!
Love,
Emily
I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday and worshiped God in ways only you can this morning. Did you lay down on that altar?? :-)
I think having short-term goals (like doing the treadmill for 20-minutes) as a means to your long-term goals is excellent. If you shoot too big, gets too overwhelming and daunting. I like that you lock the door when you're on the treadmill. Gotta do what you gotta do!!
You're doing great!
Post a Comment