Life is Good because of God! Thumbs up!!!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Prideful...Who me????

Good morning my dear friends!
Just a quick post to say I love you all and am thrilled that so many of you have jumped on the blogger bandwagon! There's only one problem with this.. I don't have enough time to read them all consistently- so please promise, promise me that your feelings won't get hurt if you see me post on someone's blog and not yours.. I love you all!!!!

So, last night I was going through one of those fowl, fowl moody stages! I glared at my precious
husband as though he had committed a crime. He would ask "What's wrong? Talk to me."
I would just glare. What was wrong with me??? I'm nutso sometimes!! Finally, I got this
idea in my mind that I wanted to dig in the dirt and plant some stuff. Here's one thing about me
that if you didn't know, now you'll know... I tend to get my mind set on something and am relentless until it happens. It's a small selfish quality that I struggle with. Thus, I became like a mad woman with a hand-tiller and a shovel. Now.. if you have no idea what a "hand tiller" is let me tell you- It's this metal tall, shovel like thing that has a claw where the shovel would normally be. Then, here's the fun part.. at the top, where a handle would be- there's a horizontally shaped large "S" shape. The purpose of this is to give you leveredge (sp?) to turn it back and forth and thus "till" the ground. IMPORTANT side note- I do not recommend using this tilling method for a large area. Did I mention that the claw is only about the size of a large hand sprawled open???? I "tilled" an area around our flag pole and the funniest part about the whole experience is that I performed this tilling in my front yard, in broad day light for all of the neighbors to see. I just KNOW that I gave someone a great laugh. I had to plant my feet about
3 feet apart and then jam the claw into the earth. At which time, the fun began- I defined a whole new meaning of the word "dance" as it looked like the tiller and I were having a great time on a lawn style dance floor!!! What a great work out!!!!
Here's another thing about me.. I tend to be a little bit obsessive once I start something new and fun. So.. after this area was tilled, I went on to another area around some rocks. I felt so empowered and like a "Little House on the Prairie Woman".
Abby and I ran to Walmart to use a gift card I'd received recently to buy some flowers. I just HAD to have them at 8 p.m at night, ya know! As I entered the Walmart lawn and garden dept., I felt my heart palpatating rather rapidly. Ahhhhh... flower and plant envy began to take over.
I was like a mad woman... putting all sorts of beautiful flowers into my cart... loading them on top of one another- I was out of control. I asked Abby to go get another cart- we'll load that one up too!!! What was I thinking??? Had I hit the lottery and didn't tell anyone? Nope!
Then, the dilema really hit.. color scheme!!!! I must have lapped that greenhouse 20 times, changing my mind on the shades of purple, pink, salmon, yellows, blues...
I just hate when people put things back out of their cart in the WRONG location...like out of nowhere there will be sitting a flat of petunias in the middle of marigolds! I BECAME the person that I despise. I just unloaded and reloaded wherever I pleased- changing color schemes as I desired!!! (Don't worry.. I didn't invite anyone to church admist this sinful behavior.. isn't that sad!!!)
Now, for the part that proves I was completely crazy... the checkout counter. Thank the Lord there was a nice young man (couldn't have been older than 21) who was very patient with me.
As I pulled up to the counter with 2, yes 2, cart loads full of flowers, I realized that my gift card was for only $30. Don't pee yourself laughing over this. If you've EVER, EVER shopped for flowers you know that $30 will buy you a bag of mulch and a flat of petunias! So, my "high"
quickly came to a rapid hault! YIKES... visions of my penny pinching husband scowling at me began to flash before my eyes! The lecture that awaited... yikes!!!! So, I had to float back down to reality and humbly ask him to tell me the prices of each item!!!! (It's like before that moment, price didn't matter!) Suddenly, my visions of priceless beauty were tamed down to just a nice small variety. I spent a little extra out of my own budget- but let's just say that I spared my life by making that decision!! John would not have been a happy camper had I fully indulged myself as I originally wanted.
All of this.. to get home after dark and put all the flowers in the garage ready for planting later today! Hopefully, that is!
Lesson learned- when you get caught up in the moment.. it's probably not really worth it in the long run. Did I sleep any better knowing I had bought flowers? NOPE!
I'm sure they will be lovely and bring me much joy and pride....hmmmm... pride??????
I just hate when all the neighbors flowers look so pretty and my yard is simple.....I think
I hear a prideful heart ringing loud here!!!
Ok...off to repent! Prideful....who me???? Yes, Me.
love you all,
k

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm sure i'll find your yard far more beautiful than you see it, when I come on Sunday. I believe i'll see God's hand and a woman's greatful heart when I look at it. Because you know what God has for you is so far more than a simple yard. It can be hard to not get caught up in the worlds exterior views of what is important.Thanks for your transparency, I know it helps keep me grounded.

a said...

I'm with you.

April said...

Me too.