Hey Ladies!
I'm swamped right now.. so probably won't be posting, unless
I'm losing my mind so badly that I have to write :) teehheee!
Just jokin'!
I have a question for you all.... how do you feel about eating
real butter over fake butter? Just curious about what the research
shows concerning "hydrogenated oil". Please post your thoughts.
Heather and I will not be at Heart 2 Heart tomorrow night as
we'll be finalizing some details! I'm soooooo pumped about this
retreat. It's been a lot of work, but I know the rewards of seeing
how much the ladies feel LOVED and WELCOMED will be well
worth the time put into details. I used to think details didn't really
matter.. but I've changed my mind. God keeps showing me
how he has numbered the hairs on my head and cares deeply about
all the things that are important to me!
Eating today has been kinda weird actually. I spent quite a few of
my points eating toast throughout the day. Yes, that's very odd.
I still need to go do my exercise as this morning was the first morning
in a long time that I saved it for later!
love you all!
K
5 comments:
Real butter has a ton of fat in it. For a LDL person, that is really, really bad. I'm not sure how that works with WW. There are tub margarines without trans fat or bad oils. Those shouldn't be used with cooking because of their high water content but can be used on toast. There are some stick margarines that are better than others. I've heard people say that real butter is better than margarine, if you have to use a spread at all. For me, though, it won't work anymore, but it might for you.
Keep up the great work on the retreat. I know it will be great.
I knew Emily would know the answer to this. I don't know any facts/research on it at all. I grew up using tub or stick margarine, so I've pretty much continued that trend. Some of the brands make a light margarine spread and I like those pretty well, too. I have ventured into using real butter more though the past couple of years...for baking and on popcorn (but nowadays it's spray butter on microwave popcorn).
I don't have time to do the research but I know the fella Atkins (now dead but has the wildly popular low carb diet) is VERY against margarines and taughts only real butterfor his diet peeps. Now, being that you and I need to be careful about fat, I think some research into it is worth the invested time. I still need to check into high frustose corn syrup too but am afraid of what I'll find;-( I know hydrogenated fats are very bad though. I may be joining you tonight as Heath requested me;-) Oh and FYI, if you remember I prefer Move over buter in a tub but also use only spray buttr for now;-)
I haven't done a lot of research but what I do know is butter is real and more natural than margarines (full of fake/unnatural chemicals) The good in butter outweighs the bad.
If you are looking for an alternative: Butter buds; powder mix or sprinkles is zero points for 1 tsp. or Molly McButter' natural butter zero points for 1 tsp.
Good Luck and keep up the good work. Love ya
Rita
Here is a fabulous answer to your question from the mayoclinic, a site I trust MORE than almost any other health site on the internet. It answers the question regarding HEART HEALTH. I know that most of you all are interested in losing weight more than controlling cholesterol; however, a person with high LDL levels should not be eating lots of butter.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/butter-vs-margarine/AN00835
Post a Comment