EDIT: I am back public again. I was nervous
over something that was silly....
Yes, it has been a long 4 days since I've posted.
The kids are out of school... does that say it all???
I'm going crazy.. yes, it's true!
Last night was delightful as our church fam
gathered at the park- what a beautiful evening.
Sorry that I didn't have time to really chat-
we all know that the park is a parent's nightmare
on "multiple child watch."
Last night at the park-there was this gang thing
going on near the pond. We could tell that something
was forming and about to happen between a black group
and a hispanic group.
Sidenote: something about me that you
may or may not know- I think I'm invincible and
have little fear of danger when it comes to "bad people."
So, I.. .thinking that I'm some sort of angelic presence...
march right to the danger zone to just STAND and STARE!
Yep.. that's all I did. I wanted to let those rotten kids (excuse
me.. I mean "children in need of a relationship with God!")
to know that I was NOT afraid of their nonsense and that
yes.. I was a dorky, overweight, white woman wearing a
floral printed shirt with bling bling on it.. that would
not be intimidated by them!!!! I wanted them to know that
I represented every other mom there and we are protectors
of our children!!!! Who did they think that they were acting
all gangsterish in front of my chilren?????? NO WAY, HOSEA!!!
I just stood and smiled at them and began to scheme what I would
say if one of them were to come near me or spout off anything to me!
I had a great plan which involved some very non-Christianlike
behavior..won't go there!
Then, I decided how I could be "cool" and go and witness to them
all act like I "belonged" in their close proximity. What was wrong with
me?? Was I nuts?? I'm sure they had many concealed weapons...
but the thought of saying right to one of their faces, "What?? What??
Do you think I'm afraid of you??? What's the worse thing that you
can do to me??? Send me home to Heaven??? OOOOOOHHHHHH..
scary!!!" About now, you are thinking "Kara, you little smart ellic!"
EDIT- As Renay pointed out, yes.. much worse could happen..
like being mamed or something.. but I wasn't thinking rationally!
So sorry!! It's just my crazy thought process!!!!
I noticed they kept whispering about me and looking at me. Of course,
I just responded with a friendly smile.
God definately had a little chat with me afterwards about
my arrogant attitude. I didn't really want to mercifully witness to
them. I wanted to be Mrs. Untouchable.. Mrs. "If you knew my
hubby was a cop and that he could hurt you if he wanted to!"
I was full of pride and totally not humble. yucko!!!
Thank the Lord that God didn't teach me a little
lesson right then and there and cause me to pull out my
"Kung-fu karate abilities." teeeheeeee!
Someone must have called the copperoos, cause sure enough;
one of John's buds walked right up behind me and passed by me
to go towards the "crowd." I said to the copper "Boy, I'm glad to see
you!" I felt empowered even moreso and wanted to stick my
tongue out at all of them behind the copperoo's back and say
"Na Na, Nee Na Nee.. you can't get me!!"
What is seriously wrong with me??? am I a mental case or what???
Just joking.. I think I'm just a bit out there and live by the grace
of God each day and somehow function half way normally in this
world!!!
Have a great evening my dear friends!!! Off to horse lessons
we go!
love you all,
k
5 comments:
oh, my! You are brave. I think I'm too fearful, though. I usually avoid scary gansta crowds, except when my forer students are in them.
One night there was a Latino gangfight going on in town. SpeedLimit wass called to it. One of the girls who was fighting and screaming recognized SpeedLimit as my husband.
All the sudden, she stopped to ask how I was. Isn't that so sweet? The gang fight ended peacefully as many were my former students and were at least receptive to SpeedLimit.
Not to say I have special powers of gangsta kids. It's just that I was their teacher when they were only gangsta wannabe's.
Sad, huh.
Wow Kara!! You are crazy!! Hahaha-just teasing you! I'm glad nothing happened to you and I hope everything stayed calm after all of that!
Ok, so I was talking to my sis Amanda (on the phone) about the storms that are coming and she said "aren't you scared"? And I tried your comment from this post of NO, what's the worst thing that can happen to me? I'll die and go to Heaven and she said back...
"uh the worst thing is that your kids might die and you would live"...
so, I was dissappointed that my quoting you wnet that way but it did nudge me to tell you that worse things can happen than for you to die girl friend...you could live, be mamed, etc. Don't do that to me!
Ok seriously though, I'm confused about the "making your blog private again" thing...you must explain;-)
I went to the same park again yesterday with my kids. The playground & zoo was fun and felt safe! When we went to the duck area and over by the bridge, that's where the big kids hang out. I passed this boy all by himself, dressed in black, right hand kept in his pocket the entire time I saw him at the park. I had said hello when passing with the kids. Later when I saw him again I noticed the black bandana around his wrist. Great! I think he was a gang member, who would wear such a thing if they weren't in a gang. What is becoming of our park? I'm thinking Happy Hollow would be safer, not as convenient of a park for the older kids to get to. Or just don't go beyond the playground, zoo, and ride area. Everyone, just be careful and be in prayer!
You go girl....!!!
You may or may not have noticed I had your back. My bro was there also, we could have taken them.
Two crazy white chicks and one big scary white dude....(Yes my bro is very scary looking)
I'm just glad we didn't need to teach them a lesson, not that I was scared, it just takes longer for the hurts to heal these days. (does that mean I'm getting older).
Any way you look at it I was glad to see John's buds show up.
Jessica, If you want to know about the gang population in Lafayette just go to Jeff High School. They even have a Gang Task force in Lafayette. Sad to say it will get worse before it gets better.
Untill then we will protect our children and raise them in the word of God so that they can make the right decisions and help to change the world for the better.
Post a Comment