Precious friends,
I'm sad but happy to say I spent all of my points at one occasion today-
our family group cookout!!!! Who shall I blame?? Tim Valiant, Renay's
phenomenal baker of a husband, who made to die for cookies! Just jokin'
Tim... it was MY choice to eat 'em!
Yes.. I'm going to make all of your mouths water by explaining each one in depth.
As he walked up the driveway, I noticed he was carrying 2 gigantic
plastic totes with a platter of cookies in each (the tote is a brilliant
idea for safe transporting). Also, he had a 13x9 stone dish too.
The first cookie I'd like to introduce (Renay, please post any corrections
to be made) was a dark brown chocolate cookie with peanut butter chips
with a section in the middle of the cookie that was pure heaven.. some sort
of peanutbutter goop! THEN he drizzled melted chocolate over the top of
each cookie......ahhhhhh.... they were beyond sinful.
Next.. what appeared to be just chocolate chip cookie bars in the 13x9
were a bit deceptive. There was a layer.. and I mean layer of peanutbutter
goup mixed with powdered sugar, in the middle of the cookie bars. Yes,
once again - to die for!!!!
Lastly was a scrumptious secret cookie. I call this the secret cookie because
not as many people snagged these up due to being unaware of the lusious
treat that was within the average chocolate cookie. There was a burst of
melted caramel from a ROLO hidden in each one!! AWESOME!!!!
Then, he of course, drizzled white chocolate on the top of each one for the
perfect presentation! I told him he really should just turn his notice in
as the manager of W. Laf. Walgreens and open his own bakery.. but he
didn't fall for it!
Now that your mouths are drueling- let me break the bad news. I did
maintain good portion control and had JUST one of each of these, but
spent half of my day's points in doing so. (And this is just a guestimate)
You all have to think I'm so crazy for eating such a splurge..
but I must tell you that it was worth every single point that it
cost me. I LOVE Tim's cookies! Go Tim, Go..
Now for the ultimate challenge... Renay, I'm challenging your hubby
to come up with a fabulous 3 pt. or less cookie (has to be an average
size.. none of those small cookie pebbles!) And then I will be the cookie
judge to see if they are worthy of sharing with others :) teeeheeeee!!!
There's just nuttin' like a good ole cookie!!! These are the best ever!!!!!
Our family group cookout turned out to be 62 people (includes kids).
God is amazing and blows me away!!! By the way, if you read this blog
and you are not in a "family group" or connected to a small group of
believers that meet regularly- PLEASE come join us!!! There
are several awesome family groups within our church... so please
check them out and get plugged in to one :)
We are getting back on schedule and will meet next Sun. 6-8 p.m
at the church. 2nd and 4th Sun. monthly :)
okay.. gotta run and do the dreaded exercise thing.... I mean... the
highly desirable and fun treadmill!!
love ya,
k
1 comment:
Yum. Yum. Yum. :)
Post a Comment