Life is Good because of God! Thumbs up!!!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sermon from the Treadmill

I only have a sec... so the funniest thing just happened
while I was on the treadmill. I began to pray and ask
God how and what exactly he wants me to share on Sat.
at the retreat. As I vigorously walked, God began to speak.
It was hysterical! I began "preaching" at the peach colored
wall that stood before me. I began passionately preaching the
truths of God's word. I even literally jumped up into the air
on the treadmill...while it was in motion...don't ask! Just
thank God I'm still all in one piece :)

Usually, I'm so focused on the time on the treadmill and I'm
watching for the 5 min. increment to do my 1 min. job that I
wouldn't dare miss the "mark" to up the speed! But.. God had
a different plan for today-

During the "Sermon from the Treadmill",
I kept a steady, comfortable pace.. then suddenly at the end
I began to run... i mean RUN! I've never hyped that baby up to
6.5 mph before... but today was the day!!! My legs had to stretch
in ways I didn't know were possible. The scary part was that I
began yelling, screaming out words of encouragement to myself.
Actually, I think it was God yelling through me at me.. anyhow...
So much symbolism took root in that brief 1 min. of running.
Let's just say that God is KING of Kings and LORD of Lords!
Not like you didn't already know that.. but sadly, I need to be
reminded of that and put in my place on a moment by moment
basis!!!!!!
My prayer for this weekend is that no one will miss exactly what
God has for her. This is definately a weekend of decisions :)
love you all!
k

3 comments:

Renay said...

Oh my-what a visual. You rock. I love you! I can't wait for God to have you preach it to me this weekend. Way to run it up! You put new meaning to "you go girl"!!!

a said...

Your posts make me laugh! Love you tons.

By the way, my best sermons are in the shower! I preach it, sister, in there!

a said...

Great job this weekend, btw.

Love ya!