Life is Good because of God! Thumbs up!!!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"Be Still and Know that I am God"

My mother-in-law Jane stopped by to visit today as she does on many Tuesdays. I was right in the middle of trying to get a nap and getting the kids to rest a bit too! But, they were not cooperating AT ALL and I was going crazy! Her arrival was like the heavenly sound of angels singing "Hallalujah!" She wasn't in the door completely before I asked her if she planned to stay a while and if she minded if I went back to the bedroom to nap. She joyfully said "Sure!" She is such a wonderful grandmother to the kids and enjoys just playing with them, taking them outside, and she actually likes to clean for others. I told her I was thinking about an hour would be great.
3 1/2 hours later I wake up. Yes, you read it correctly. I rarely get to take such delicious naps, but my body was toast (I had stayed up to midnight the past few evenings) When I came out, of course feeling VERY guilty that I had slept that long, she had a big smile on her face and the kitchen gleamed with cleaness. My floor was not only swept, but hand mopped!!! She's the type of gal that thrives off of getting down on her hands and knees to scrub something. Laundry was completely caught up. (Also, a quick side note thank you to Tina, because yesterday she came over and while I was at my interview she did many loads of laundry too!!!!) Jane told me that this was her ministry to me. Every word that she spoke seemed like angels singing. I felt so loved, so cared for, so blessed to have such a mother-in-law. She "gets" me. I "get" her. We've
grown closer more recently now that Johnathan is officially adopted and I'm just incredibly proud of her. For years, we had many struggles...mostly due to her relationship with her daughter, Alicia, who is Johnathan and Cameron's biological mother. Today, I was richly blessed by Jane and I feel refreshed.
This evening John was working doing what's called "project"- either pulling people over for speeding or seat belt violation.. not sure which. Anyhow, I took the kids on a beautiful evening stroll around the neighborhood. We stopped at our new neighbor's home, Amy. I met Amy this past Sat. at our garage sale. She and her hubby are about 30ish and have one daughter and prego with 2nd. She's a very kind gal. We invited her and her daughter to go on a walk with us, but she had just gotten out of the hospital from premature labor. Thus, we invited her little one to hop in the stroller and take a couple of laps with us. Amy was delighted as she said her daughter isn't around other kiddos very often. Another young couple just moved into our neighborhood who are close friends with Amy and her hubby. I am praying that God opens doors for us to invite them to church and other events! God is awesome!!! This may shock many of you, but I'm not very good at reaching out to my own neighbors. For me, this was a stretch to just put myself out there and stop and visit. I'm not sure why this is a problem for me. Maybe it's because I feel inadequate or like someone might judge me.. it boils down to pride. As we walked around the neighborhood, I felt that breeze of peace. The Holy Spirit just gently spoke to my heart and reminded me "Kara, it's not about you. Let me work through you." What a sigh of relief. Sidenote: So, I did walk a mile tonight. Still need to run some!

Many of you I'm very close with and I'm being nudged by God to share something with you:
Usually, I try to be Super Kara and solve all the world's problems and be the best friend you ever had. God has been speaking to my heart about being still. I soooooo don't usually do this well. But, many of you have noticed that I don't call often, share my latest news in person, or even email you. I want you to know from the bottom of my heart that it has NOTHING to do with you! I love you all dearly, very dearly. I'm just trying to be a bit more "still." Most certainly, I'm here for you if you should need me in anyway. I'm just going into a new phase of life that I know is going to look much different than you've all seen. That's okay though- I know it's what God is calling me to do; therefore, I do it with great anticipation and trust in HIM.
Thank you for reading this and caring about me. I love you!
k

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

This was a good post. (in my singular opinion.) :) I'm so proud of you, Kara. Keep it up! I hope to meet Amy and her family soon! I'll be praying!