Life is Good because of God! Thumbs up!!!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

News!

I'm returning from a 5 day siesta! Monday got away from me and I didn't even weigh in. Yes, we all know that's usually an indicator that you think you've gained and are dreading the scales! Then, Tues came and I was gone all day to Shipshewana with Tina (she goes every year for her bday with her hubby and/or her mom, but this year they rathered to not go, thus I was blessed with the fun getaway!) For those of you who don't know, this is a town about 3 hours north from Lafayette where the most giant flea market exists! HUGE!!! It is open Spring to Fall (Oct)
on Tues/and WEd.. but Tues are best. We walked for 5 hours through this maze of bargains and only sat for 20 min. to eat lunch. Quite fun! I only had a little moola to spend, so it was hard to pass up bargains- but you do what you gotta do! I found the kids each a special goody for a $1 each, then I found a awesome bargain on socks!! I could've spent all day at this store, but I got john white sports socks and black socks for work. My personal gift to myself
for the day was a new women's devotional Bible for only $13! Yahoo!!!!

This is "Amish Country" near Napanee, so as we drived along the highway, there were several horse and buggies along the side :) All of the women seem to wear a blue dress, stockings and black shoes.- There was a cute elderly amish lady riding her bike- yes, with a dress on. As she peddled, you could see her sun deprived little legs with knee high stockings. So cute! These women can afford to eat all of that good cooking cause they exercise NON stop!!! Thus, the restraunt that we ate at on the way home was to die for!!!! HOME cooking!!! I weighed in just a minute ago (after eating breakfast...) and it's not good. I'm up 5 lbs!!! But.. does it count that I need to go to the bathroom??? Please, please, let it count!!!!! I want to believe that in reality i'm only up 3 lbs. So, the weigh in is 278.2- urrrrgggggghhhhh! That's it!! I'm writing everything down today. I've been slacking on this.

Oh my gracious... I've got other HUGE news. John and I have decided for me to get a job! yep! We want to protect John's health, get out of debt and plan for a brighter future of more ministry, giving, and availability. In order to free John up to not have to work a second job (doing school security), I must jump in and be willing to work hard. We have a specific company in mind in which I've applied with (please pray that God's will be done, as I'm VERY excited and interested in this company!) More details to come later!!!!

My mind is swamped with possibilities and the cool thing is this is NOT about me wanting to go out into the workforce for any other reason than to honor my husband and be his true helpmate. We have talked through how this would affect our 6 children and how we pray that it teaches them a servant's heart. Sometimes life is not always peachy perfect and although being a stay at home mom is ideal- it's not practical for us due to some bad financial choices of the past. Thus.. we are excited and determined to serve God in this new way.

Above all- we know that we make plans, but God orders our steps. I just want to be where HE wants me to be, a tool in HIS hands for his glory- for I am capable of nothing on my own.
Love you all!!!!
kara

4 comments:

Renay said...

You're so funny...I don't know about you but I sure hope I don't have 2 pound poops;-) That's like a delivery (for me;-). Glad you had fun with Tina even if you didn't get it pre-approved by me.

Oh and a new job-my word...she's losin' it folks! Oh how I wonder what company??? I'm on pins and needles with anticipation!

Get back on the journey band wagon-let yesterday go (along with your yummy amish dinner) and start afresh today;-)

Love ya friend! Hugs, R

a said...

You are going to be a FABULOUS witness in the workforce. I just know God is preparing some souls to meet Kara!

I love ya!

amy f. said...

I LOVE Shipshewana...you're making me want to get up there more than you know! It's a little under an hour drive from the South Bend area where we moved from, so I frequented it often :-)

I am very interested and possibly have a slight infatuation with the Amish. Their simple way of life just amazes me. I love driving through the country around Shipshie and Middlebury. Seeing the clothes on the line, the quilts, horse/buggies, just everything!! So peaceful and serene.

That's great that you're getting back in the work force part time. I'm very curious to know where you've applied :-) Do you not want to do Pampered Chef again? I hear you were awesome at it!!

Glad you are back!!! I can ditto needing to write food consumed down...I've been so bad. It doesn't help that I'm eating more unhealthy food than I should, aargh!

Rita Wells said...

Keep up the good work Kara, at least you can start all over again tommorrow..........Me, I'm so bad, one bad day and I'm thinking about waiting untill Monday to start over so the whole week ends up being a wash.

Glad you had fun at Shipsie, although next time I think we ALL should go. HEHEHEHE.............
Love ya Lots
Rita