Ahhhh... what a delightful bday this has been. I feel as though God stretched every moment of this day and occasion in my life to refresh my heart and bring back a peace that I've been longing for. Sometimes you just really need some true QUIET time. Sometimes, you need to wake up to a silent home and just lay in bed for as long as you'd like. Sometimes, you need to put on your tennis shoes and take a walk with your husband without the distraction of the demands of 6 beautiful blessings called children. Sometimes you just need to ride in the van in silence with your hubby playing classical music and just take a deep breath of unrushed life.
Ahhhh.. I am refreshed and thank GOD for it!
Here's a funny thing- I didn't really eat all that great. I of course enjoyed some bday dessert, some popcorn at the movies, and so on. But- I'm good. It's all about the lifestyle. I am excited
to live another day that is moving towards God and healthiness. Tomorrow will involve more water and a trip to my favorite ALDI's!!!! I'm making a list of all of those healthy yummy foods that I don't want to forget. I really do miss my daily apple!!!
After I posted the previous post about my dream for a "Healthy Hearts for God" ministry.. I began to panic, to feel inadequate, to feel overwhelmed at all of the details that still need to come into place. I began wishing that I had never even said it out loud, or typed it in my blog. Then, I came back to reality and started telling myself TRUTH, which is "Kara.. it's NOT about YOU! It's about what God wants to do through you.. so get over yourself!!!" God keeps speaking to my heart about fear. In general, I am not a fearful person but when I begin to see a vision for God's kingdom I share and then I'm scared of failing. Yet, I can't think of any stories in the Bible where someone obeyed God and gave their heart to Him to just fail and fall right on their face. I'm sure there are stories of man's pride getting in the way and causing a problem- I just don't want to screw up anything. Thus, my NEW devotion is to really living a life that hungers after God's Word and holiness. I need to study more in depth and learn more about God's character, about His love, His servant leadership, His Holy Spirit. I can't expect to clearly hear from God if I'm not diving into His Word- which is alive and sharper than a 2 edged sword.
Change of topic: I also have a silent prayer request- just pray that God clearly shows us HIS will on something that John and I are discussing :) We really want to be debt free, now action needs to follow :)
Thank you all for being such faithful friends and good listeners (or should I say readers?)
Blessings!
Love you,
k
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Kara! I hope you had a wonderful day!
Happy Birthday!!!
I'm glad you had such a special day. :) I'm sure the kids had a great time on their outings, too. :)
Happy Belated Birthday! I'm so glad you and John had a great day. It's amazing what some true quiet time can do for a soul!
I have faith that you will ultimately follow God's plan for your Healthy Heart Ministry. If you start to detour, I believe God will reveal it to you. He uses everything for good! I believe he uses our mistakes and wrongs to grow our heart and attitude more like his. I BELIEVE IN YOU!!! I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK YOU FAIL AT ONE POINT, BECAUSE I KNOW YOU HAVE NOT!!!! YOU HAVE ALREADY SUCCEED KARA!!!
I'm glad you had such a relaxing and awesome birthday....sounded perfect :-) You're right, there is nothing like sleeping in and waking up in a quiet home, it's awesome (once in a while). Kristy and I will be the big 3-1 next month, too!
Happy Belated Birthday Kara!!!
Hope you had a grat and wonderful day.....;o)
Post a Comment