Life is Good because of God! Thumbs up!!!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Work NEWS!!!!!

The call came. The voice on the other end said "When do you want to start?"
Yahoo!!!!!! Yes!!! Yes!!!! I'm hired!!! I went into Walgreens this evening to complete "Step 3"
on the online application where I actually accepted the position. I then go tomorrow to Unity to take a drug test and Walgreens will start my background check tomorrow. Lord-willing, I will have a work schedule by this Friday and begin next week. The plan is for me to begin training at the West Lafayette store and then move to the Creasy store! I drove by it tonight and started clapping- am I crazy or what? Yes, I am and God is gonna use this energy to shoot for the stars.
I will be working in the cosmetic department and under the training of Peggy. I hear that Peggy is an amazing employee and really great. I'm going to begin praying for this wonderful lady whom I've never met. I love her already and don't know how old she is or what she looks like :)

By the way- I do make commission on various cosmetic products (I don't know all the details yet) but I'd LOVE for you to make me your personal Walgreens cosmetic specialist. Tee-heee! I'm laughing because I sound like I have some sort of direct sales background.. oh.. I do!!!!My point is to not take away ANYthing from other great cosmetics.. like I know Jess sells Mary Kay, but just to inform you that if you are shopping at Walgreens and I'm there- please always come and check-out through my cosmetic counter!! Yahoooooo!!! And of course I'd just be blessed to see you too! Also, I know you are all HUGE bargain shoppers- so I will be sure to inform you of major sales and good bargains :) I love clearance items that have been marked down rediculously low just to move 'em- I'll keep you updated!

I'm telling you.. I'm loving this company more and more. Work attire: Pants that are not jeans
and blue Walgreens shirts which THEY provide!! I can wear whatever shoes I want. Obviously, I'm going for cute, but comfortable since I'll be on my feet. I was told that Peggy dresses up on certain occasions and I'm allowed to do that in the cosmetic dept- sounds fun! I see those sparkly flower shirts coming into good use :) teeheee!

I'm seeing great things for my eating issues and exercise- I bet i can go outside and walk on my breaks and I plan to take my lunch.

gotta go to sleep!
love you all and thank you, thank you for your prayers!
Kara

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Kara, I'm very excited for you! Congratulations! I'm praying for you. :) :) :)

Kristy V said...

Kara,
I am so proud of you! I knew that you would get the job and you will be so wonderful with your great personality! Can't wait to hear about all the fun stuff you are going to learn.

a said...

I'm there all the time! Yay!