Today hasn't been so pretty.... I've been a bear from who knows where!!! Please pray for me as I do want to reflect Jesus, but am finding it incredibly difficult today. I love my children.. I really do... I'll just stop right here as I could become a smarty pants and say some things that I shouldn't.
Do you ever go through days in your faith where you feel like you are having an outer body experience and you can see the world below you and how EVERYONE ELSE around you is so great and wonderful - the great and wonderful moms, the awesome and tidy housekeepers, the brilliant coupon clippin' money saving wives, the most giving, loving, kind, caring, compassionate people are all around you.... then there's YOU. All you can see is the goop, the yuck, the disgust, the hopelessness, the lazy, the unwise, impatient, wacko- ME! Man, I have a lump in my throat.
I just want to run away today. How selfish right? YEP! I'm coming off of a delightful bday relaxation and now this!!!!
I've racked my brain for a "good reason" as to why I feel this way. Nothing comes to mind other than it's just life.. just sinful nature and world we live in. I have an evening of "running" to do. Anna is going out to the Faulkners for a teen small group get together- which is awesome! That just means I have to drive to other side of county at 4:30 p.m. Then I get to drive back home. Spend evening and then go back and get her at 10 p.m. My hardworking hubby will be exhausted after a LONG day at work- I'll just shush right now! I'm not complaining!! At least I have a 13 year old to run around to godly get togethers!!!!
Subject change- I need to exercise.
I ate something yummy today for lunch... a "Flat Out" low carb wrap with some fresh avacodo spread like you would spread mayo, then some fresh spinach and sliced turkey- YUMMY! The whole thing was 6 pts- but it was huge!!! It's good to eat something healthy for 6 points instead of 2 chocolate chip cookies.
My bad mood did lead me to vacuum my stairs- which is the MOST dreaded job in the house.
Well, maybe next to cleaning toilets and tubs. This horribly pain-staking job only took about 10 min and then spurred a chain reaction of Emma wanting to vacuum with the attached hose. So, I sent her around the house to sweep right next to the floor boards- ya' know.. those little crums and dust bunnies that seem to hide! She had a blast and I feel a little better. Avry caught onto the fun and there was a fight over the vacuum... so now she's pushing it around and looking for dirt. She doesn't have to look far!
Today, I hate our cats.. sorry again to all of you cat lovers. I hate the whole system of cat litter.
My dumb cats now kick it out of their litter pan- they think they own the laundry room and that no one else cares about their stinky mess! Well, I have news.. I DO!! I CARE and I HATE IT!!!!!
Yeah.. Yeah.. I know there are a million solutions to this problem- if you'll remember right.. I've had problems with them peeing outside the box too. That's it.. I'm going to buy a bigger cat pan-
maybe they just need more room and then when the move the litter around- we won't have these problems.
Well, I should go now- it's 3:30 p.m. and the kitchen needs cleaned up before my precious hubby arrives home. He shared with me recently that "a clean and tidy home is therapeutic" for him and that he loves it when there is nothing on the floor.......I'm really not upset by this anymore. It used to drive me crazy, but now I just realize that God has placed us together for a reason and that I just have to teach 6 kids how to join efforts with me to accomplish this priority :)
On I go to do a tidy up!
K
6 comments:
Kara,
Here is a Great Big Hug from me to you. I just feel like you need a hug.
I've been in the same rut today I think it has to do with the weather and not being able to get outside.
As for he cats, I love my cat, my husband thinks he would be great "with ketchup".
I found the perfect solution to all of your catty woes.....A top entry litter box. The sides are about 12 inches high with a lid and the entrance is thru the lid.
(Pet Smart $20 - $25) I don't remember exactly what I paid, but it was so worth it.
I hope this is helpful, have a better day and I will give you real hugs at church tomorrow.
Love ya Lots
Rita
Kara,
I know that you will have a better day tomorrow! I think we all have days like this sometimes. Sending you a hug too!
Kristy
You're having a challenging day, to say the least. Even if it is a couple of days after a fantastic birthday, it's okay (well, it's no fun, but these days happen in our lives...no rhyme or reason to them). Just try to think about resting your head on that pillow in a couple of hours, or so...and starting fresh tomorrow. I pray you will have a wonderful Sunday!
Oh and yay that you have clean steps. That is one of my most dreaded jobs, too, along with the bathtubs...which is why they are usually Mike's jobs now :-) He doesn't mind as much as I do.
Sending a BIG hug your way!
I'm right there with you on the litter box frustration. I'm sorry you had such a bum day. I hope today is going better for you. I'll see you tonight!
I love your transparency. Thanks for sharing. Sorry I've been AWOL lately. Better days are comin'-for both of us;-)
PS the letters that I have to type in to post this are "holyp"...isn't that funny? Holy p....what- Holy pie...Holy pickles....Holy popsicles?
Hang in there, think how your pleasing God by taking care of you family needs and not "running away". ha ha
Love ya girl!
Post a Comment