Life is Good because of God! Thumbs up!!!

Monday, April 14, 2008

Am I hearing you right, God? Serve?????

6 Children for Sale...
Ok.. not really. I am just joking of course. But I must
admitt that I'm not in a very "good mommy mood."
Something crazy has been going on with my body today.
I've eaten healthy and on track, but this afternoon, I
was begging the kids to let me take a cat nap. They
of course took advantage of my desperation and
raided the pantry for snacks. To their credit, they
did actually ask me if they could have crackers
and various lite things- but I couldn't even put up
a fight. Well, let's just say, I chose not to put up a
fight. I only napped on and off for 20 min. and still
felt like I was gonna die.. so, I ate some almonds.
This did make me feel better and more alive.

After dinner, chili and 1/2 peanutbutte sandwiches,
John suggested I go on a walk. Well, I ended up jumping
back on the treadmill instead of a walk outdoors. I only
walked for 12 min (in addition to the 21 min. this morning)-
anyhow, I still feel like crap. I just want to go to sleep.
Actually, I want everyone in this house to go to sleep and
for me to have some quiet time- that would be lovely!!!!
God and I have a few things to discuss as I've been a bit
naughty today. I'm totally purturbed that my loving,
wonderful hubby is doing exactly what normal men do-
he's enjoying some time working on the basement, inhaling
some drywall dust and tidying up to prepare for primer and
paint.
Some of you know, but we are turning our small basement
into a movie theatre. God has provided all sorts of weird
things that you normally don't ever get to have in your home-
like a 6 ft movie screen and frame, like 15 theatre seats,
now I'm just praying for the oh-so expensive movie projector.
As weird as it may sound, I honestly believe God is calling
us to turn this basement into a little movie theatre. Thus,
I will not be surprised when He miraculously provides
a projector. Okay.. so why am I annoyed? John deserves
some free time for goodness sakes! But I'm just a selfish
wife. I want him asking what he can do to make MY
evening better!!!!
EEEEEEEEEEEK! I'm hearing the HOly Spirit right now
and He's reminding me of P. Randy's message of SERVING
when you are down in the dumps!!! What????? SERVE?????
Who am I supposed to serve? Anna???? What????
My smarty pants teenager just ticked me off a little while
ago by pointing out one of my faults or lack of diligency
in cleanliness. I did NOT want her to point out that the
shredder basket fell over 2 days ago under the desk and I've
yet to pick it up. That is just NONE of her business. I will
pick up that paper when I'm darn well ready to pick it up!
Does she not know that I have spent my entire day focusing
on the needs of others? My day briefly: (yes, I'm whining)
breakfast, kids out the door, jump on treadmill and listen
to Johnathan and Emma tattle on one another, get dressed,
load Emma, Avry and Johnathan to go to j's eye's appt.
Then back to get Evan from Kindergarten. Then home for
quick lunch. Back in van to take Emma to preschool. Stop
and see John at Tecumseh. Sit in waiting room for J's one hour
weekly counseling appt. Rush to get Emma. Home to beg for
a short nap. Whip up some chili. Get reprimanded by a 13 year
old. Treadmill and now, here i sit.
So, what on earth am I supposed to do for Anna? Oh, Lord,
I pray you show me, cause I'm not thinking of anything
real kind right now.
AND I can't find my pocket calender. I think I left my
bag at the couselor's office!!!! Ugggghhhh!
Ok- now that i've vented, let me just say- my problems
are minuscul compared to real problems.
I'm going to stop typing so that I can actually hear God more
clearly. Anna's angelic voice is singing "I hope you'll Dance"
by ???? Don't worry, I definately feel small standing beside
the ocean and plan to dance.......
pray for me!!!

3 comments:

amy f. said...

I don't know where to begin with this busy post :-) You've got a lot going on in your mind, girl. Let's see...

First of all, are you pregnant (re: the first paragraph)?? I have days where I CANNOT keep my eyes open (hits me about an hour after lunch) and I've had to doze while Alex is playing all around me. He's so good about not getting into anything he's not supposed to.

I had not heard you are turning your basement into a movie theater, OH.MY.GOODNESS. Next you're going to be on MTV Cribs!!! I'm sure the kids are so excited about it. You'll never need to pay for a movie theater ticket again. Wow, it sounds like quite an undertaking. I'm sure John has a lot to do to get it where it needs to be. Still, I do understand getting frustrated with wanting to spend time with the hubby (or needing help with something/someone!) while he is busy doing "projects."

You had SUCH a busy day. Bummer about your bag--hope you get it back!

And as far as Anna...sorry to hear you're frustrated about her pointing out a flaw. They tend to do that when they get older, huh? Joy. I don't know her as well as I would like, but I sure know she has such a beautiful and nurturing spirit...the way she cares for her own children and others is so maternal and a gift.

I hope you are SOUND asleep right now after your stressful day!! Good night :-)

amy f. said...

Oops...I meant Anna's own siblings, not her own children...not yet, not yet!! Yikes :-)

a said...

Kara,

And you still have time to call and encourage me, too. Geez! I just love you.

I will pray that you get a special nap...and I'll just have to take Emma next week for a day. :)

Love you tons,
Emily