Life is Good because of God! Thumbs up!!!

Sunday, April 20, 2008

The New Me Loves Exercise!

What a glorious weekend! I've stayed busy of course,
but am very pleased with my "God- control." Now,
here's the interesting part... I have to admitt that
I've splurged and used almost all of my week's "flex
points" and not necessarily on the most healthy things-
BUT I still feel great and can't wait to report my weight
loss tomorrow morning!! Yahoo!!!

Over the last 2 days, God has done something strange
in me.... He has increased my desire to exercise.
When I first get on the treadmill each day (at 3.3 mph),
I literally dislike it until about 10 min. has passed by.. at which
time I start telling myself "Kara, you only have 10 more
min. to go! You can do it!!" Then, a burst of energy comes
from nowhere (not really, I guess its from God!!). I begin
to feel like that 130 lb. model that I've mentioned before
and I kick the treadmill up to 4.5 and do 30-45 seconds of
jogging. Please do not try to picture this mental image...
it definately isn't pretty as I can feel the fat rolls jumping
and hopping around with a mind all of their own! I try
to breathe "the right way" while praying that my life doesn't
end right there on the treadmill at only 4.5 mph!!!

After about 30 seconds, I lunge forward to hit the down
arrow to reduce the pace to 3.3 mph as quickly as possible
and grab hold of the side handles. Oh, what a pathetic site :)
But, glory be to God that He has enabled me to do it!
So, at this point I'm at approx. 11 min. marker. I then
tell myself "Okay, Kara, now every 5 min. you are going to
jog for 30-45 seconds!" By the time I get to 20 min, I'm
strangely inspired to just keep on going until I see 30 min!!!
Hallelujah!!! The flood gates of Heaven have opened wide
and released some amazing strength and power that I
do NOT possess!!! I eventually start saying "Lord, this
is all for you. This is YOUR body, NOT mine. This is Jesus
on this treadmill, not me!" Then I start a whole conversation
with God about how I know, I know there was never really a
need for Jesus to spend 30 min. of cardiovascular exercise back
in the Bible days because they used to work much harder
and plus He ate mostly bread and fish it seemed like. By
the time I have some far fetched conversation with God,
then the next 5 min. has passed and it's time to kick it
back up to 4.5. Once I hit 30 min... then I slowly take the
arrow down in speed for another 3 min!!! Yahoooo!!!!

I can feel the fat melting away.
You know how I put out a request for those hand held
weights... well, of course the Lord provided a pair tonight!!!
Thank you Tina!!!!!!! So, I stood in front of C.O.P.S. show and
did upper body exercises and then began pretending like I was
a boxer with the hand weights!! Once again, not an attractive
visual- but boy, was it fun!!! Hey Emily... your kick boxing partner
is in training- I'll be as fit as a fiddle before too long (give me till
Christmas and I'll be ready!)

Gotta run.. after the kids get down for bed.... I'm on the treadmill-
no taking Sundays off for me!!!! It's weird, but I actually am
looking forward to the end result- droplets of sweat that sting
my eyes and taste salty when making their way down to my
lip, rosy red cheeks and a "job-well-done" kind of feeling!
Do you think I could do 5.0 at the jogging level?? Yes!!! I'll
let you know how it goes!
Later Gators!
love you all,

k

3 comments:

a said...

Actually, this is not crazy. Exercising releases endorphins (sp?). Our bodies crave those. Anyway, this is fabulous.

Have I told you lately how proud of you that I am??? :)

Keep up the good work. You are such an inspiration. What an amazing ministry you have!

I just LOVE YOU!

E

Renay said...

You are so funny-thanks for saying the part about not doing the mental picture-I was almost there and you spared me-dork;-) I have an idea-how out we actually talk again and not just comment on each others blog??? Can't weight until morning to weigh in and see your new stats-they must be pretty good if you are so excited already---you should watch the biggest loser finale on your computer-it was amazing to see a female BL and to see how great one gal looked who was 270ish-she really got down there (I think arounf 160ish!!). Night!

amy f. said...

Hello, lover of exercise!!! Now, we really know you have a passion for this.

I will say I love certain forms of exercise...but walking on the treadmill is not one of them for me. A step class, walking outside, yes. Anyway, that's awesome. And increasing that speed for running bursts is so good for you and your heart.

You continue to amaze...