I've waited for this day for an entire week- weigh in day!!!
Praise the Lord for another 4 lbs that is GONE!!! It's
fun to move that little weight tracker.
Yesterday was super busy with finishing the painting in
Johnathan's new room. He has a theme of American
fighter jets, bald eagle and the american flag-
it's very cool! We moved him in yesterday and the
smile on his face was well worth all the sweat and labor
put into this project. By the way.... I know many of you
were probably laughing at me when six weeks ago I
said "We just need to put up a wall and put in some
doors to create these 2 new rooms." What an
undertaking!! You could tell I had no experience in this
area of home improvements. A GI-NORMUS thank you
to Tina, Mike Keith, Lee Tomlinson, Greg McDaniel, my dad,
my aunt robin, and my mom and Anna's friend Cayla for
hours of service on this project. We can not express our
thankfulness in words. I truly never dreamed of having
5 kids, let alone adopting one more!!! Some of you can
recall conversations a while back where I stated that
I never could adopt a child, nor would I ever have
the desire to. Never say never saith the Lord!!!!
My number one thank you of course goes to my Lord
and Savior- Jesus. The one who makes life worth
living. The one who makes my stressful, yet fulfilling
life beautfil in HIS site!
I truly adore all 6 of my kids and can't imagine what
life would be like without Johnathan as our son.
This past week has been full of joyful moments that
I see him really bonding with the other kiddos and
"fitting in."
As John scurried around the kitchen a few days ago,
Johnathan got his attention with "Uncle John, you
are going to be my first real dad."
My heart melted and John stopped dead in his tracks
to acknowledge such a heart-felt comment and
said "Yes, I will be."
Evan and Johnathan play for hours on end outside with
light sabers. If any of you find these at garage sales
for $1 or less- could you please grab em!!! I'll pay you!!
The neighbor hood boys join in the "Star Wars" game
they play. Also, I am a HUGE supporter of pretend
guns........ I agree whole heartedly with Dr. James
Dobson, Focus on the Family, that boys playing with
pretend guns is not the cause of senseless, violent
acts. God created them to be warriors, protectors,
and conquerors. Before Evan became of age to play
with pretend guns and other weapons.. I thought
of course we would NOT allow such behavior!! Then,
God opened me and John's eyes to the heart
that God has put in little boys. Thus, we whole heartedly
support this. OF COURSE, we monitor the heart issues
behind this type of play. We do not condone grossem
acting out... but the idea of war has been around since
the beginning of time and I do believe is part of God's
heart. All of that to say... if you see pretend Guns
and swords VERY CHEAP at garage sales- could you
grab those too?
Sidenote- if you are anti-pretend weapontry- i
respect you 100%! As a matter of fact, I teach my
kids that when we play with other kids, we go by
their rules in order to show a submissive and compliant
heart.
Sorry for preaching about pretend guns... don't know where
all of that came from!
Off to another day of eating healthy for the kingdom of God.
Keep praying that i have that ever-so-desired God-control
today :)
3 comments:
Weigh to go friend! 15 pounds total is soooo awesome-what a faithful God we have-and you are working so hard! I am so glad it is paying off for you! Keep up the good work and don't giv einto temptation! 15 pounds-wa-who!!!
15 lbs?! 15 lbs?! Kara, that is amazing!! I continue to be in absolute awe of you (and what the Lord is doing in you)...we need more tips. I'd actually love if you posted (copy/pasted maybe from online) your daily food journal on this site (maybe a separate place for it on your blog?). I think you could really give us some good ideas on meal options and how to use our daily points well...but that's totally up to you, of course.
Congratulations!! You are doing a phenomenal job and looking so skinny already. You must feel GREAT!
Kara,
You are too funny.
Congratulations on the finished room (which should I make him some letters for his name??? I don't want to exclude him.)! Congrats also on the weigh-in. Oh la la! Thank you, Jesus! I'm so proud of you.
Oh, and I know nothing about pretend guns, as I'm still trying to figure out how to encourage more than just Cheerios w/ BearHug...but I'm sure I'll agree with you. My hubby still plays with guns...sometimes real ones, even. On Sat., he went paintballing all day...and told me play-by-plays of every shot. Yes, Dr. D. was right about boys liking guns. :)
Have a great night. Love you tons.
E
Post a Comment