I've decided to be a gardener, thus the new look
of my blog. I love this bright green-it's so cheerful
and makes me happy :)
I know nothing about gardening other than it's work!
I'm under the mentorship of Pat Harrington at church
who is a brilliant gardener and my dear Tina who
is brilliant too. So I am choosing tomatoes,
green beans, carrots, squash. I want to grow blueberries,
strawberries and red or black raspberries too... not sure
how to do that! Any suggestions?
So, when the weather warms up again, all 8 of us will
be out there carefully removing the sod from a large
area. (I heard you can't dig down to deep or you will
remove the topsoil which is a no-no). Weeding will be
fun this summer!! Good exercise!
Gotta run!
k
2 comments:
You'll love the fresh veggies right in your back yard. I'll tell you I did get tired of watering and pulling the weeds toward the end of summer, but it was so worth it. You'll save money and know where all your produce is coming from. You might want to think about lettuce too. Being you have so many hands to help make the garden an amazing family thing...the daily tasks shouldn't be a problem. I'm so excited for you. I too am going to have a garden this year. Last year I didn't do but tomatoes and bell peppers. I'm drooling over all those veggies already. There's something extra special and rewarding about growing them your self. Keep me updated as your garden developes. Maybe we can swap some produce...:)) I'll have to share with you how you can freeze tomatoes and make your own tomatoe base for chili, spaghetti,etc...It's so easy.
Love You With a Godly Love,
Jessica
Yum...I can't wait to benefit from your work-can you do cukes too for me??? Jalapenos grom easy too!
I like the fresh design-you're so talented;-) he, he.
Post a Comment