I have been crazy these last few days.. just busy!
This morning my dear friend Renay called me to
ask if she could stop by with some things and see
our newly decorated bedrooms. Of course I was
thrilled, but at the same time turned into the
white tornado :) I know she didn't expect it to
be perfect, nor was it, but still... you want things
to look good for such a grand introduction.
Food is beginning to take it's rightful place in my life-
which is for mostly nutrition and some pleasure.
Whereas, the old Kara LIVED to eat!!! As I type
this, I have a delightful small bowl of dry Fiber One
Honey Granola Cluster cereal in front of me and I'm
snacking with such joy!
MAJOR RED FLAG- I'm telling you.. I'm convinced
that when your mood gets suddenly VERY weird
and you feel like you could explode or pass out-
then you need to eat a little fat!!! It happened to me
again yesterday. John got home and I wanted to
bite his head off over NOTHING- his very appearance
annoyed the dickens out of me. I quickly recognized my
need for some fat- 1 piece of wheat bread with 1 t.
of peanutbutter does the trick!
So, my latest realization is truly to listen to your body.
Emily has a great blog at www.asprinkledheart.com
where she also recently posted about listening to your
body.
Here's a thought.. so, I found out a little while ago that
A.Robin wants to take Kristy and I out tonight for Kristy's
27th bday!! Fun!!!! So, immediately I began dreaming
of a delicious dinner. Thus, I've decided to just barely eat
enough before dinner to not make me looney! (Also, I plan
to pack a small ziplock of fiber one cereal in my purse to
snack on the drive to eat so that my body doesn't think
it's starving) I plan to truly enjoy my evening all within
my points!!! I can't wait!!!! One of my biggest excitements
is that "I feel in control" of the food, verses it controling me.
Gotta run... we have a team meeting for Johnathan this
afternoon, it should go well.
I'll update you all later!
k
1 comment:
Kara,
I am so proud of you. Do I tell you that every day? I really am. You are doing this...by leaning on God and obeying Him. I can see such a difference in you. I'm not even talking about pounds. I'm talking about you, as a woman of God, as a mom and a wife. I just am so very, very proud of you!
I love you tons.
Oh, and I agree about the fat. There really is something to it. There really is.
Love
E
Post a Comment