Well, ladies.. beware.. I think God is igniting a hot,
passionate fire, not only in myself, but within
many of you!!!! Do you remember the old highschool
cheer "It's Hot, It's Hot, It's Hot in here. There
must be a Christian in the atmosphere!"
(I obviously added "Christian") Let me just
encourage you that if you have ever struggled
or are struggling with food addiction and
unhealthy lifestyle choices- NOW is the time
to jump on the wagon- cause let me tell you
baby, this train is moving!!! The cool thing
about all of this is that NO ONE judges another
person- we are all sinners saved by the
grace of God and do not put ourselves on any
sort of pedestal. A sweet friend commented
today on the discipline I have had these last few
weeks.... I never thought that "Kara" and
"disciplined" would be in the same sentence!!!!
Let me encourage you that GOD 100% is
running this show, cause I am the one who used
to pull through McDonald's and order a
#12 (Fish fillet combo) EXTRA bonus size it
with a diet coke and a cheeseburger to further
satisfy my tastebuds!!
Then tack on a set of cherry pies for dessert
(you gotta order 2, cause they are cheaper
that way!) ha!!!!!!!!
What is the secret to discipline??... I'm seeing
that it is plainly a gift from God. I can't earn it.
The answer to this daunting question is GET
REAL with YOURSELF and tell close friends.
The scariest thing about confiding in someone
is that you'll be judged horribly "when you fail"...
the sad thing is that this is such a lie!!!! We must
transform our thinking and realize that PRIDE
stands in the way of us living the full, abundant life
that God has for us!!! (I am sure there are
many other things that can get in the way..
but PRIDE is what keeps us from getting real
and going to God in complete brokeness.) At
least for me, this is all true. I hate with a passion
giving up over-indulgence- it has been my
bestest friend all my life... my secret intimate lover,
if you will. Yet, I'm walking in this newness of life
that is amazing. God does really keep HIS
promises, yet I forget that all the time! I
pridefully hang on to things and want to handle
it alone or face it "tomorrow".... which we all
know that tomorrow will never come!
So.... here it is : I'm spilling my guts here:
I'm a people pleaser- I hate for anyone to
be upset, uncomfortable, or the worst thing
for me is to be the mediator between people
that don't get along- it sucks!!! Sorry, for that
word!!! I want to play God and try to smooth
everything all the time and God is calling me
to just STOP it and stay out of the way of God
growing and maturing others in an uncomfortable
atmosphere. I'm learning to be more decisive
and lead people in a direction I believe
God is calling for, not what will please man!!! :)
It feels so good to type this all out!
Also, I need to pray more fervently for my
children and husband. I do NOT take this as
seriously as it is! I just tend to pray when I see
something going the wrong direction.
Also, I just want the Holy Spirit to poor out of
me uncontrolably- I want to be so on fire for
God and His Word that I hear a ssssssizzzzle
whenever I hug someone! I am very judgmental
in my heart of others... If I could just spend
all the time and energy that I put into thinking
about "other's and their lives" into my own
walk with God- I would be far better off and
have more time and desire for God's Word. I
want to sweat scripture, I want to breathe scripture,
I would eat it if i could.... tee heee- I want
to soak in all that HE has for me.
This love affair that I've had with food for
years is going to be replaced with a new deep,
desire for God's Word- to read it, hear it,
live it and walk it out!
Just today at the mall play place.. as Amy, Jamie,
and I were still there:
God opened a door of conversation with a lovely
lady who just moved to town about 1 month ago..
3 kiddos, stay at home mom and just happened
to be greatly missing her church from Warsaw....
hmmmmmm... you know I had just the suggestion
for her - my church!!!!! EFC rocks!! Sure enough,
who walks by but Darla and Kirsten (which was
moments after I told her about our strong
children and youth programs). Of course,
I had to wave them down and introduce them
to her.. by the way her name is Nikki Hurley-
pray that she and her family will come to church
on Sunday!!! You all know how nutballish I can
get so as I was soooooo excited I told her "I hope
you don't think i'm weird, I'm just trying to
obey God." Her response was sooooo comforting.
She said "No, not at all!!! You act just like I did
about my old church in Warsaw!!" She was just
crying the other day about missing her church
family and wondered if anything existed here in
Lafayette like what she do badly was missing!
Holy smokeroos! Yes, it does!!!!!! by the way, Yes..
some of you go to other churches besides mine-
and I think that's awesome too!!!!!
So..... I'll see many of you here in a bit at
Heart 2 Heart- I hope there's a fire hydgren nearby...
cause we are gonna be HOT, HOT, HOT tonight-
on fire for the Lord!!!! love you!
3 comments:
disciplined.....I think it fits just right with Kara! Keep it up girl! We should be more focused on pleasing God and not others, I'm there with ya.
I love your phrase: Holy Smokeroos! I feel you on the judgment thing!
I just love how REAl and wise you are!
I just love you.
Emily
I totally don't remember that cheer- I find it strange that you do;P You'e doing great my friend, just great!
Post a Comment