Life is Good because of God! Thumbs up!!!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Inconvenient Obedience....

1 Peter 4:
1Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also
with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body
is done with sin. 2As a result, he does not live the rest of his
earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God.

This verse just smacked me in the face! I must suffer and deny
myself fleshly pleasures of over eating and live out the will of
God. P. Randy's message on Sunday was also a reflection of
this concept. He kept saying over and over- obeying God is
not convenient. It's not always convenient going to buy
healthy food when I'd rather eat junk. It's not always convenient
to prepare the food when fast food is much quicker.

I'm such a rebel at heart. Some of you may not know
this about me. but I am! I'm one of those secret rebels...
the kind that used to spuratically go out to eat
when my husband told me to not spend extra money.
My favorite restaurant to be rebellious in is El Rodeo...
ahhh... I love that food! It's been about 3 weeks
since I've been there and probably won't go for quite some time.

Actually, I think one of the root sin heart issues for me
with being unhealthy and over weight is rebellion. I
used to want my body to be MINE and NO ONE to
tell me how to eat, how to exercise, how to take care
of it! MINE, MINE, MINE!
Hmmmm.. sounds rather childish now that I see it
typed before me. This body belongs to Christ...
the one who died for this unhealthy body!
So, today.... God, do as you will with this broken body
of mine.... and change my rebellious heart daily,
renew my spirit today that I might be an encouragement
to others, a blessing to others, a prayer warrior, a
godly wife and mother, an overcome of sin.
Got to get kids off to school........

3 comments:

a said...

You are so wise.

Thank you for sharing.

Love you,
E

Jessica said...

I believe openening this to more friends has allowed God to shine through you and give you more of the christian love and support you need. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your struggle. It was exactly what I needed to hear.

As I was reading your blog for the first time yesterday in awe...Scott came up behind me at the computer and hugged me. My instant reaction was to suck in my gut and couldn't help but to still think about how the fat on my belly was still noticeable. How disappointed he must feel when he touches that. I know it's really my own guilt and disappointment in myself. What I should of been thinking is my wonderful husband loves me and wants to love on me. I've felt myself slowly more focused on those prior thoughts and not on the pure joy and blessings God has given me.

I love you and how God uses us to speak to others. I also say, I'll do that tomorrow and your so right tomorrow will never come. It never did, but how I am begining to feel about myself in the meantime did!

I am so thakful for this wake up call. I need to take better care of the temple the Lord intrusted to me. How can I fulfill everything if I am consumed with food/sweets and the fact that my temple is slowly begining to crumble. I've decided to make my health a priority...heart, lungs, and body today!!! Making time for some excerise and making healthier choices. I don't want to wake up one day and wonder where my health went, it was becoming more of a reality than a thought of fear.

Thanks for your honesty, transparency, and openess to share something that is a struggle.

Love ~ Jessica

Members said...

Jess,
Wow.... I am blown away.. .thank you Jesus for all He's doing in your heart. I totally understand that feeling of trying to suck it in when my hubby touches me verses
focusing on how thankful I should be that he desires me!
You are awesome and I am right here to support you on your new journey to better healthy living!!
When we have a tender and open heart- God reveals Himself in magnificent ways!