Life is Good because of God! Thumbs up!!!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sweet Treat

Do you ever just need something sweet? Most of you
probably know how to make smoothies and do it
on a regular basis.. but for those who don't or
need a new twist:
You can make an entire batch of smoothies just
by filling your blender half full with fat free
yogurt (today I used key lime pie fat free yogurt).
Then add about 1 c. of frozen stawberries (no need
for ice since the fruit is frozen) then I added about
1/4 c. of frozen blueberries and voulaaaaaa a delicious
sweet treat for me and all the kids. I pour 8 oz. into
a small cup and sip or spoon out. I think it would
be fun to try different flavors of yogurt and bananas
and pineapple would be awesome too. If you are like
me at all, you know how good yogurt is for you but
you may not just sit down and eat a cup of it. Too,
most of us have kiddos that love icecream. As summer
feels like it is here as of today... I really want to NOT
deprive myself of fun treats and plan to be prepared
with these ingredients on hand. I figure that an
entire blender full for our family to enjoy a treat costs
5 yogurts- $2 plus 1/2 c. frozen strawberries- well,the
entire bag is only $3 at Aldi's and I use 1/6 of it .. so....
that would be about $.50 and 1/4 c. blueberries- $.50-
is a grand total of about $3 for the entire Townsend
family to have 8 oz. smoothies! We could even get some
ff coolwhip and dip ontop for an extra fun thing!
Soon, I'm going to be posting what our last months worth
of groceries were plus any eating out compared to before
I began WW... this could be scary to admitt how much I
used to spend foolishly at drive throughs! I can count on 2
fingers the number of times I've eaten a meal from a fast
food restaurant (I don't count Subway as fast food, I'm talking
about the greasy stuff)
See you in a bit at Heart 2 Heart!
love ya,
k

3 comments:

Renay said...

Didn't you say you used some pineapple juice as well...and refreeze little cups (like dixie cups) or something? Anyway, not to correct you but it just sounded like a good idea. I also thought about putting popsicle sticks into the concotion before or during freezing and then you have a smoothie-sicle;-)

I'm looking forward to seeing this grocery expendature-I'm sure you spend less on your family of 8 than we do on our fam of 5. I also should try to figure out previous eating out amounts...ouch!

amy f. said...

I love Smoothies and really want to make more variations of them this summer. Thanks for the idea! I'm ALL about sweet treats :-)

How many points/serving was your particular concoction??

a said...

We love smoothies, too!