A delightful new dinner idea in
less than 10 min...
I seared salmon in a bit of olive
oil and then sprinkled it with
salt, pepper and garlic. While it
was cooking, I cut up a head of
fresh cabbage and put into a
separate pan with 1 T. of EVO
drizzled on top, salt, pepper and
garlic. I stir-fryed the cabbage.
Sidenote.. if you don't know difference
between stirfrying and just cooking
it.. stirfrying is cooking it at a hotter
temperature (I use about 8 on my
electric stove) and only cooking it
until it's just done.. it will still be
a bit crisp. Those delicious little
brown edges will begin to appear-
yummmmmm!! Soooooo easy!
I ate about 3 servings of veggies
by eating a 1/2 plate full of cabbage
and then my salmon. I think this has
been the most delicious meal yet!!!
By the way.. the old Kara would not
have dreamed of eating this meal with
out a starch of some sort. But, I have
to admitt that I am stuffed and very
pleased!!!
Snack ideas: Today I had 3 c. of popped
light popcorn from Aldi's- YUMMY!!!
An apple
A small bowl of ham and beans from
the other day's dinner.
The interesting thing that I'm finding is
that I need to think outside the box on
the fact that a small bowl of beans is a
very filling and healthy snack. I used
to only think that foods like that were
served at meals.
Also, I love a 1/2 c. of Raisin Bran (Aldi's
of course.. for only $1.59 per box!) with
some skim milk- delightful snack. Once
again.. this doesn't have to be a breakfast
only food :)
Also, you can eat just a few bites of
a container of yogurt throughout the day.
I just sit the open container in fridge and
take little amounts throughout day. I'm
hoping that this new eating smaller amounts
more often is gonna kick my metabolism into
high gear!!!
Gotta run Anna and girls
to MP3... Love ya!
2 comments:
Great ideas!
I will have to keep those in mind. I also have some great reduced fat crackers that I eat...but I have no idea if they are WW approved.
Love you,
Emily
Where are you today? (not that you don't have a million other things to do than blog)
Just missed you!
Post a Comment