Life is Good because of God! Thumbs up!!!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It's a NEW Day!

Yesterday, a different kind of alien took over.... not the wonderful
Holy Spirit that I spoke of in an earlier post. The monster that
I experienced yesterday was selfish, greedy, gluttonous, mean,
nasty, hateful, and just down right nasty! Yesterday is the worst
day I've had in this entire healthy lifestyle journey. I warned
you all in the beginning that this journey would be ugly at times.
Yesterday, ugliness rose it's ugly head. There is too many examples
to even write about.
The only joy and hope that I have for today is that Jesus died
for my yesterday. Thank you God!!!! I'm laying it down at the
cross because the burden of sin is far too heavy for me to carry.
My Savior LIVES and today is a new day to worship Him,
to glorify Him, to obey Him, to honor Him in all I do, say
and think.
I must continually say... "There is NO turning back" Even,
in the middle of eating something I shouldn't or parenting
in a way that I shouldn't- my God is right there beside
me cheering me on to turn away from wickedness and
walk in righteousness. What a God we serve.
I'll be honest and admitt that when people around me
start to act crazy and turn away from God... it annoys me.
I'm very frustrated and judgmental. Hmmmmmm.... now
I hear God saying "Never stop being that person's cheerleader!"
Yuck... I'm sooooo human! I greatly desire to be as pure, honest,
good, lovely, beautiful, kind, compassionate, selfless, and gracious
as my Savior, but yesterday was an example of my GREAT need
for Jesus and the hope the rests in HIS goodness.
Thank you Jesus!
By the way, concerning yesterday's post about the garbage disposal
vomitting under the sink and our heat pump exploding:
Good news- my hubby who is NOT a plumber at all installed
the new $30 garbage disposal that he bought at Best Buy!!!!
The best part was that he even cleaned up the rest of the gross
mess that was under the sink. Hooray! Also, after John made
several attempts to contact the company who installed the heat
pump and found out that
they were out of business, he called the 1-800 number to the
brand "Westinghouse" of the heatpump. He was directed to a
local dealer of this brand and within 15 minutes a man was
HERE, at my house, to check out the problem. He said it will
be fixed by tomorrow!!! Due to warranty, we shouldn't have
to pay much out of pocket. Thank you GOD!
Today is definately a NEW DAY!
Blessings to all of you and I pray that you have many
"God-sightings" in your path today.
love you,
kara

3 comments:

Renay said...

I missed you...I'm glad you're back and what a faithful story about how God took care of your needs. Today is a new day in deed!

See ya soon!

Kirsten said...

You're human...we all are. It is 100% ok to be human. It is a beautiful encouragement to see your heart as you turn back to Jesus time and time again. *hugs*

a said...

It is so cool to see how God is continually taking care of the Townsend Family.

God is so proud of you.