... that a craving would flaunt itself like a dangling carrot- The day
was going great, all was well until I walked in the laundry room
and saw the freezer standing open. There it was- the remainder of
the DQ Icecream Cake from Avry's bday (side note... big praise
that there was actually any leftover, cause that says I had
not eaten it since Mar. 21st) I quickly shut the door and tried to put it out
of my mind as I knew the points for some of that icecream
would be salty in price! I had promised Evan and Emma
a treat anyhow, so I pulled it out and quickly informed myself
that I was only going to indulge in the chewy, chocolate portion...
you know.. that middle part that melts in your mouth. I ate
2 bites of it and was happy, a smidge of the choc. icecream and some
of the vanilla... all in all.. I'm guessing the splurge was about 3 points.
Then, I allowed my flesh to take over and suddenly
a few other odd things sounded good like a ham sand. and an
"egg in the basket". I tried to lunge for the lemon water but it
was a short satisfaction. I then found myself making a skimpy
peanutbutter and jelly sandwich. Ahhhhhhh! I was out of control.
I quickly ran to the computer to log in everything I just ate and
it wasn't pretty! Now, I have 5 pts. left for dinner tonight. So hold
me to it... I'll post tonight at bedtime what I ate. There is NO turning
back. Now I'm stuffed and miserable- yucko!!!!
I thought this post was important so you all remembered how human
i am........to God be all the glory for keeping me humble!!!!
3 comments:
It is so hard when we are home all day, isn't it?
Don't give up, though. These moments will get fewer and farther between. And, yay, you still have points left for dinner. I don't know how many 5 actually is...but it's better than 0.
See you tomorrow. Love ya.
Kara, you're HUMAN!! I can't believe this is the first time you've splurged a little because I need to enjoy little treats like that myself. And honestly, it's okay with WW. That's their thing...you can divulge a little on some of your favorite things once in a while, you are allowed!! I think you can manage 5 points for dinner, but if not, that is what the flex points are for....just use a few of those! I really appreciate your honesty, but you certainly didn't ruin anything going for yourself (such as in the past for me...if I divulged a little too much then I said "forget about it" and threw everything out the window for the day, which is so stupid, but I'm very guilty of this). Oh, and WW philosophy is something like: Bite it, write it...which you automatically did by calculating those points and putting them in your food journal. I am SO guilty of licking the spoon afterwards or finishing off a couple of bites of whatever and they make you accountable for those little bites that all add up.
You've got to allow yourself the simple treats for you in moderation or we all know we end up binging on things when we totally deny ourselves of it, ya know? And kudos to you that you held onto that DQ cake for that long, seriously. That would have been gone (as in eaten up) in my house on March 22nd!!
You're doing great...and again, you are HUMAN!
I am an idiot!! I just realized I kept saying "divulge" in that comment instead of "INdulge." Duh...I do know the meaning of those words. I know you know what I meant, but I'm embarrassed. I need to go to bed!!
Post a Comment